Pls remove purify from this game

Discuss Median XL!
Tardware
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
Interesting thread, pretty new to the forum but a hardcore ARPG fan ever since D1. There are 2 things i know, one is a general rule, the other is median specific.

1: ARPGS cannot >EVER< even come close to any form of balance, only meta change.
2: A god damn 19 year old engine. I mean... cmon.

The only reason purify is bad, is because it's boring compared to what usually happens on the screen while playing this game. As people pointed out, its frustrating to play with, yet bosses like Zorun actually make a good use of it. It can be improved but not removed. If it is removed and then barb/paladin nerfed, i guarantee you that nothing will change.

The way i see it is a complete rework for bosses that use the mechanic. Making them similar to Zorun would be a good start, this however will take time since again...engine. Removing it completely at this point, will simply break the game.
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
As for me I don't think purify is so bad tbh. At least it doesn't let you trivialize the fight, and you have to deal with boss mechanics. Maybe it's not the best way to solve the power creep problem, but it keeps some ubers more or less challenging. You can't just enter and rekt the boss in 15 seconds. Level locks for witch and laz are a bit too much though imo, let people have a right to 1 mistake at least, lock it after 5 or 10 minutes maybe?
Edited by oztor 5 years.
Tardware
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
I can't help but remember the early days of stormblast... man this thing was so disgusting i literally couldn't even force myself to even try a different class.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Marco wrote:so youre saying we havent been working on these “structural” problems, namely damage rework, magic/phys viability, and many others?

As far as purify goes, as I said, it cannot be removed overnight and there were more uber changes higher on the priority list

Fuck no. I know full well that you have been. And again, Like Inori92 I am not saying any of this with hate or contempt in mind. We merely are seeing flaws that bring us frustration rather than joy so we point it out. Nothing more to it than that. That´s what feedback is.

In terms of your work on it, If you would remove purify from all bosses today, what would happen? People would shit on the end-game completely. So maybe that´s an indication that scaling of gears and skills should be the primary focus rather than making bosses invulnerable. Character, and more importantly, build scaling is what should be the center focus here, not the ubers and how to make their painful fights marginally less painful. The newly introduced items in Sigma could have been a perfect way to fix the issues. Instead, some of them made it worse in terms of power scaling.

It is an RPG grinding game. When facing end-game content boss, the last thing you want is for whatever equipment you have been grinding for weeks to become irrelevant. Reduce the effectiveness of all items and native skills while bumping up oskills, that´s fine. But at least allow the person to work hard for something and gain an achievement as a reward for the time invested.

And btw, Purify never fixed or stopped anything really. 3-5 days into Sigma and we were jerking off around end game bosses like if they were anime girls in the middle of a bukakke. Clearly that isn´t a fix and saying that out loud does not mean that we are cheapening your work. Instead we are merely pointing out where the issues are so that you can see it the way we see it.

That´s my 2 cents
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:the original poster is actually right , yet he got 4 negs :lol:

oh , wait , it happens to me all the time too . priceless community

yes, Sigma needs months (if not years) of extra polish in order to shine bright, but for the moment we can only use what we got , which is better than nothing .

You forgot to add the link to your miniguides.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I agree, I also hate purify and was hoping the sigma engine would remove it. That being said I doubt that you will see it go anytime soon, posts like this have been made for years.

I like the laz fight but all the other purify fights and fights like void just are no fun in my opinion . I think the reason most people hate them is it’s pretty opposite of normally the way arpgs are designed in the sense that your gear bareley matters except for hitting speed breakpoints.

Interesting thread to read everyone’s comments :)
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Anonymous: wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:the original poster is actually right , yet he got 4 negs :lol:

yes, Sigma needs months (if not years) of extra polish in order to shine bright, but for the moment we can only use what we got , which is better than nothing .

Sup with the hate? :P While some of those are batshit painful as fuck to follow, others are pretty whacky and fun! If you want to try one I can recommend you a few :D
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Anonymous: wrote:

Fucking dead. :lol:
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Make Pac-Man a purify boss Kappa
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor

Hey idiot, just because someone shares an opinion with you, doesn't mean they are right by default.