Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
because facerolling an entire game with no thought besides spending tg to buy your character's end game items is not fun. later ubers add new mechanics to allow you to actually have a challenge and test to player skill by positioning and control versus how much damage can you do.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Purify mechanic totally fine but witch pounce and uldy nova claw deal 10k+ dmg, laz totem shrink your hp to 1(this could be negated by magic res iirc) is not fine.
Rather than remove purify, its might better to balance the boss spell.
Valthek is the only balaced one imo. Big map, his high dmg can be dodged consistently.
But maybe I just need to git gud.
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
nofurylion wrote:Purify mechanic totally fine but witch pounce and uldy nova claw deal 10k+ dmg, laz totem shrink your hp to 1(this could be negated by magic res iirc) is not fine.
Valthek is the only balaced one imo. Big map, his high dmg can be dodged consistently.

witch pounce and uldy nova dmg can be reduced with pshysical resist
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:because facerolling an entire game with no thought besides spending tg to buy your character's end game items is not fun.

Compared to what? Trying lots of gear and strategies and still not being able to kill something after hours, maybe days or trying? This is somehow more fun? Please, tell me more. :coolstorybob:
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Threads about Purify mechanic and Belladona drop rate just simply cant stop...
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Next patch please add movement option for Vizjun boss. Kappa.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
MonkaS someone hold my hand this thread is scary

Quirion
Skeleton
2 | 0
For me it's quite the opposite.
I actually am happy of this mechanic and others like Triune.
I have amazing gear. I farm all end areas at ease, even 1 hand only. But then i'd get bored so fast if not for some challenges, and here it comes on the ubers. Im stuck to median for that reason i reckon, for the variety it provides.
First time u reach a new boss u usually are destroyed, and then u have to practice, and open ur mind, and more practice, and patience, and then u good at it u become.
Witch took me like 15 tries first time. Now i kill her for fun in 10-15 mins. Same with triune, i have killed that boss like 30 times in search for cycles and not a big deal if u know how to deal vs him fast. Its practice, just that. (ON the other hand, i also agree that uldy is damn way too long. 2 hours fight nobody enjoys it).
For me, all the purify complains afre from ppl that like to play braindead games. I know a bunch of tablet games of those kind. Dont cry to developers for actually creating something different (and fresh and challenging) from the 99% other games, pls.
Tardware
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
Vennnn wrote:Can anyone explain to me why characters with BiS endgame gear should not be able to trivialize boss fights? You see it in every ARPG ever - full geared D2 char could destroy anything by looking at it, same goes for PoE (people reaching 11mil dps, when the boss has 50 mil life). That is where the fun lies - you grind, you get rewarded.
Making a skill which renders any damage gear irrelevant is not good game design. I could see making some bosses extremely hard, so only specific builds could do them quickly (like in PoE - there are farming builds for content and boss killers for hard bosses) - but the main point - gear and skills count, they must always count in an ARPG.
That's only my opinion ofc, im quite new to median and really enjoying this mod, but it is a bit weird seeing all these amazing character optimization possibilities and at endgame it is just... worthless. (that is an overexagerration since there are not many purify bosses, but my philosophy - with BiS gear you destroy all content in 2 secs, that is what makes ARPG's fun for me).

You are right, that's how ARPG's work. But keep in mind that some builds will be far FAR stronger than others. When you bring multyplayer in, then you have the majority playing those builds in order to gather/sell gear or just have easier time.
Complaints start, balance and point of the game gets broken and the dev is forced to destroy those said builds/classes. That is called meta change, because people jump on the next OP thing.

I play poe since 2012 to this very day, and its the same thing, from ES to berserkers, from traps to arc etc etc.

Devs of Median can't possibly cope with something like GGG and even they have constant complaints and for a reason.

Even here you can see people complain about barbs and paladins, this will escalate to hell if purify is removed. Then they nerf those two and guess what?!? nothing... they jump at the next OP thing and the only thing that is accomplished is pissing off people by destroying their class. This isn't a game that can afford to piss people up.

Balance is impossible. Im not defending purify, but i do think it should stay. All it needs is the fights that require it actually have a better usage of it. People pointed up Zorun Tzin for a reason. You have a big arena, you have traps that needs to die from purify before you hit the boss, you have adds you can choose to kite and gather to a side in order to have an easier time etc...Its actually what every purify boss should be. It can't just happen overnight though, but you can't simply remove purify.

People that want balance in ARPG probably never played one or just ignore that fact. Median made a choice which isn't a bad one, it's just not quite there yet.

Also i don't get why people (including me) bring Billion $ worth of companies that are focused on a single ARPG into a forum where a bunch of guys decided to make a mod in their spare time.

EDIT: BIS gear should annihilate everything, but some builds will perform better naked, always. What you are supposed to do with that bis gear doesn't matter. Gear your zealer all you want, a hammerdin with only a wizzardspike will be 100 times more efficient. Purify is fine, bosses that require it are the problem.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Orr wrote:
nofurylion wrote:Purify mechanic totally fine but witch pounce and uldy nova claw deal 10k+ dmg, laz totem shrink your hp to 1(this could be negated by magic res iirc) is not fine.

witch pounce and uldy nova dmg can be reduced with pshysical resist

No, it doesnt. I got 50% dr and 90 flat dr. Still 10k+ dmg.