DUALWIELD BARB

Discuss Median XL!
Kogler1990
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
I want a dual wield barb.. is there no frenzy like skill? even bood hatred doesnt work anymore? why the fak
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yeah I made a thread about this a short while back.

Basically - dual wield is apparently kinda hard to code around, so the devs apparently just gave up on it completely and the fact that you can even use two weapons in the game is completely pointless.

Blood hatred works just fine, and you can technically put two weapons on your barb, but you're gimping yourself by doing so.
Eregoth
Destroyer
7 | 0
Skeptic_Zero wrote:Basically - dual wield is apparently kinda hard to code around, so the devs apparently just gave up on it completely and the fact that you can even use two weapons in the game is completely pointless.

Blood hatred works just fine, and you can technically put two weapons on your barb, but you're gimping yourself by doing so.

Except for the fact that the highest per-frame damage I've ever seen from a Barb (in modern Median anyway) is from a Dual wield Barb, your point falls somewhat flat.

Your offhand has limited use, but that doesn't make it useless. Spelldamage and -enemy resistances both work from the offhand, and casting animations are also faster.
serek
Jungle Hunter
29 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Eregoth,

Not sure if you have seen it but make a screenshot or something as some ppl are making pretty good assumptions what that person used and how he scaled the skills to reach such insane lvl of damage (related to barb itself, not items).

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29257
Eregoth
Destroyer
7 | 0
serek wrote:Eregoth,

Not sure if you have seen it but make a screenshot or something as some ppl are making pretty good assumptions what that person used and how he scaled the skills to reach such insane lvl of damage (related to barb itself, not items).

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29257

Still almost certainly using Wizardspike in his offhand to get that juicy -70 enemy res. It's silly, but it highlights how your offhand is not completely useless.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Yea I was curious about that when I saw that video. I haven’t played barb in a bit, is he just basically using his offhand as a statstick?
serek
Jungle Hunter
29 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Gents,

It’s not about his offhand, but it does serve a purpose - in this case that juicy -res, he scales Barb skills to 100 which are scaled based of soft skill levels not “base” levels.

I was wondering about this for quite a time, on which classes we could get ridiculous skill levels and still benefit from it.

Many classes are limited due to base levels but apparently barb is not and some other too.

Pointing this out will make me an enemy cause I’m actually telling everyone the trick to cheese the game.

Have fun while it lasts.
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Eregoth wrote:
Skeptic_Zero wrote:Basically - dual wield is apparently kinda hard to code around, so the devs apparently just gave up on it completely and the fact that you can even use two weapons in the game is completely pointless.

Except for the fact that the highest per-frame damage I've ever seen from a Barb (in modern Median anyway) is from a Dual wield Barb, your point falls somewhat flat.

Your offhand has limited use, but that doesn't make it useless. Spelldamage and -enemy resistances both work from the offhand, and casting animations are also faster.

When you have 1500 tg worth of gear I'm pretty sure any build looks impressive. It's also a highlight video where you don't see the other times he died because he's using lion stance and -res caster gear.

Also, iirc that video is before they fixed stormblast hitting after it expires, thus doubling the damage
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I did work on what I called a "fire shitting barb" where I stacked up a shit ton of fire procs and used a skill like death blossom with dual wielding minefield RW. It kinda worked for a while and took me through the midgame but late game dual wielding is just... dead. People gave up on it even though it is the single coolest mechanic in the game :(
Tardware
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
Skeptic_Zero wrote:
Eregoth wrote:

When you have 1500 tg worth of gear I'm pretty sure any build looks impressive. It's also a highlight video where you don't see the other times he died because he's using lion stance and -res caster gear.

Also, iirc that video is before they fixed stormblast hitting after it expires, thus doubling the damage

Except its after they fixed stormblast hitting after it expires.