Has anyone tried lightning or cold sorc?

Discuss Median XL!
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I have done it many times. Even with the nerf to 13 hits per second down from 25, its still one of the strongest when its stacked and consistently hitting. You can be skeptical as much as y ou'd like to but it's not such a hidden secret that abyss is extremely strong. shrug. just gotta learn to aim it well.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:I have done it many times. Even with the nerf to 13 hits per second down from 25, its still one of the strongest when its stacked and consistently hitting. You can be skeptical as much as y ou'd like to but it's not such a hidden secret that abyss is extremely strong. shrug. just gotta learn to aim it well.

Actually in some cases it is even better iirc because each dmg instance does more now. I haven´t played it in Sigma but I recall the patch notes saying that. Which means that it should be better at places like Astrogha if I understand it correctly!
Soulfighter
Destroyer
6 | 1
Crash wrote:I have done it many times. Even with the nerf to 13 hits per second down from 25, its still one of the strongest when its stacked and consistently hitting. You can be skeptical as much as y ou'd like to but it's not such a hidden secret that abyss is extremely strong. shrug. just gotta learn to aim it well.

Nothing wrong with being sceptical and asking for more info. A two-word statement is pretty much useless to me. My experience with flamestrike for example is that teleporting bosses will teleport in the middle of the spell because of the multiple small hits, thus only dealing a fraction of the damage. Ubers also move around a bit, which means many casts of the spell won't even hit.
Now I'm not telling you I'm right, I'm simply asking you why I'm wrong and what make it work compared to something like flamestrike, so I can understand how and why it works before potentially sinking 50+ hours into a build.
riffdaemon
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Abyss hits like a truck, but it requires precision and patience, especially on quick targets. Shatter the Flesh is also very, very strong, but it requires corpses
(it's also AMAZING for crowd-control). On the lightning front, Thunderstone is a great boss killer, but like Abyss, mobile targets can be a bit of a pain; you also have to get used to the severe ballistic arc involved at medium and greater ranges.
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Soulfighter wrote:Is it really though? Have you tried it yourself? Because I've seen people same the thing about flametrike and that's a complete joke.

What is wrong with failstrike? You just need to hold something in place, stacked flamestrikes will do job easily. Not so easy with teleporting bosses ;-)

I'm playing col/light soso atm, 138lvl, easy fautzt, vizjun, even easier bremm, most ubers are just "walk in part collecting trophies", but few still in "TO DO" (like xazax). Can write mini-guide if interested.
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Abyss indeed deals sick damage but I couldn't stand using it at all, hitting with it is so cancer that I prefered using Frigid Sphere when I played Cold Sorc and it kinda worked but wasn't amazing.

edit: also possible it works better offline or on a good server, I was playing that sorc online in the first week of launch.
Ben-
Team Member
346 | 354
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Mind Badge
Brainstormer... cool ideas and theories
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Abyss best
Flamestrike dmg also can get ridiculously high
Light sorc is pretty good farmer with forked lightning, tstone isnt special vs bosses but can do the job
Psn is ok farming spec
fassts
Imp
4 | 0
ABeLina wrote:
Soulfighter wrote:Is it really though? Have you tried it yourself? Because I've seen people same the thing about flametrike and that's a complete joke.

What is wrong with failstrike? You just need to hold something in place, stacked flamestrikes will do job easily. Not so easy with teleporting bosses ;-)

I'm playing col/light soso atm, 138lvl, easy fautzt, vizjun, even easier bremm, most ubers are just "walk in part collecting trophies", but few still in "TO DO" (like xazax). Can write mini-guide if interested.

YES. im playing cold/light sorc and kinda got stuck. Atm 121 lvl. Need some guidance perhaps. Guide would be helpful. Thanks.
zay
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
Soulfighter wrote:
Crash wrote:abyss is.

I personally highly doubt a spell that deal multiple small hits specifically on the perimeter of a static circle is a great uber killer but I'd love to be proven wrong. Again, have you personally tried it?

there's a reason why it was nerfed time and time again