New player, question about Sacred items and Shrines

Discuss Median XL!
KKona
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey guys, I started playing Median XL last week, my character is now lvl 106 and I'm trying to understand the Sacred/Shrine crafting system. I noticed that you cannot use shrines on White/Blue sacred items and there is no recipe to convert a Blue item to Yellow. Am I missing something here or White/Blue Sacred drops are totally useless?

Thanks!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
unless you need whites for creating rw-s or blues to turn them white , they are useless . you need rares for crafting . you need to either find them or ask Charsi to imbue them
KKona
Skeleton
2 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:unless you need whites for creating rw-s or blues to turn them white , they are useless . you need rares for crafting . you need to either find them or ask Charsi to imbue them

Thanks for the quick reply! I forgot about runewords
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
speaking of charsi's embue. does that also work on eth? so say an eth sacred drops, can charsi' embue also make that rare whiel keeping eth?
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i ask because i had a few that were sold since it wasn't rare despite having a solid base otherwise
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Charsi is transforming the item from white to rare . she is basically creating a new item , so the answer is no .

re-rolling crafted items is also equal to creating a new item (so in case the lucky upgrade fails to a roll , the other roll may be successful)
nob4242
Stygian Watcher
40 | 1
Blues can be made into honorifics. If sacred they can be shrine blessed before any orbs are applied to the honorific sacred. Useful for filling in things like minion resist since you get double orb effect.