Discuss Median XL!
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crash wrote:there's a lot of viable builds, just not enough knowledge across the playerbase to make them work without reading a guide, sadly. weak chars can be made viable, just need to think about what stats and skills to focus on to optimize.

This.

Also everyone is in a rush. They want a working char NOW as soon as they hit lvl 100.
I would bet that you can play every char/build to the point where you can do most content with it. It just needs some time. Dont rush things, play your bowzon in kurast till you find items / crafts to defeat duncraig. Same as Javazon, or any XY build.
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Muilpeer wrote:
Battery wrote:
Remiel wrote:Yeah i got enough of those and most builds in this game are not viable sad

I think this is the biggest problem with this game.

While I agree with you, most builds are not viable. It's possible to make every build viable with absolutely end game item and charms.

The top 5% and the rest of us are playing 2 completely different games.

I wouldn't even have the time to reach 140 in a few months..

Ahh its not that bad actually for some reason i dont quite understand.. leveling from around 105 or so to 125 starts getting slower and slower by the time you reach 125 its rough.. then all of a sudden you hit Fauztinville/Bremmtown and all of a sudden your 135 in litteraly a couple hours. Its actually harder for some reason to hit 125 than it is to hit 140.. it makes no sense but thats exactly how it played out for my First character and its looking pretty much the same for my Barb im running now..
Celladoor
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Demonlord wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Battery wrote:
Remiel wrote:Yeah i got enough of those and most builds in this game are not viable sad

I think this is the biggest problem with this game.

While I agree with you, most builds are not viable. It's possible to make every build viable with absolutely end game item and charms.

The top 5% and the rest of us are playing 2 completely different games.

I wouldn't even have the time to reach 140 in a few months..

Ahh its not that bad actually for some reason i dont quite understand.. leveling from around 105 or so to 125 starts getting slower and slower by the time you reach 125 its rough.. then all of a sudden you hit Fauztinville/Bremmtown and all of a sudden your 135 in litteraly a couple hours. Its actually harder for some reason to hit 125 than it is to hit 140.. it makes no sense but thats exactly how it played out for my First character and its looking pretty much the same for my Barb im running now..

I think its from the lack of places to get good exp from 120-125.

Dunc is good exp per mob but imo, it’s faster to just do K3K til 125 and skip dunc altogether. This is coming from the perspective of my 122 bowazon and summom barb w decent gear. Things got easier when I spec’d Paragon and am ab to go runemaster on the barb and see if that helps.

Dunc is unforgiving if you have low hp, are not quick, cant deal adequate dmg.

I literally hate dunc. I can clear it on my zon. The first open areas are ok. But that lower teleport? Open tp, cast fire elementals, buff, tp over and lay down as many phalanx’s as i can before I die. Sometimes it takes a few. Sometimes, the mobs spawn in just the wrong places so it takes 10 tp’s to clear each one. Die/phalanx/die/phalanx... rinse/repeat. Im sure it will be easier later.

But its slow exp.

However, I just rolled a xbow necro. I cant understand how some people on these forums say that bowazons are “fine”. Maybe w bis gear they are “fine”. But an xbow nec is very similar(ranged pew pew) and he absolutely is GODLY compared to bowazons- and with lesser quality gear.

Im sure amazons are “fine”
for some. But bowazons indeed struggle in this game. Whenever I see people talk ab how they struggle someone always comes in with “they are fine”. Yet, there are no advices given. No build advice. Nothing. Just a vague “they are fine”. Which means nothing.

But perhaps im missing something. It’s a fun class/build when it works but it seems it may be a build that needs to be supported by heavy trading/farming with another character first. Idk.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
Remiel wrote:I'm mostly disappointed in a lot of the skill trees. Bowazon and javazon need some serious help. Naginata assassin has way to low of health points. Sadly people need to follow a cookie cutter to a tee build to succeed in this game. Basic skill trees on classes should be more viable. For sorc the caster trees are not viable at all. It's either melee or valtheks command. This game should have 50+ viable builds.

Not sure why you think of any of that. Just because they aren't "tier 1" doesn't mean they aren't viable. Cold sorc has been ran all the way to the end and I've personally ran poison and fire. If you are lost ask for help, just because most sorcs are playing melee or mana doesn't mean those are optimal or the only options.

their also the only ones with set guides (melee is very in depth), and some for mana roaming around.

The sheer cost of testing a new build is pretty costy. Since not only do you need to re level 1-125 (yes ik you can respec, but for something to be viable in my opinion, 1-125 also needs to be in a relative spot. a build that works at 130-140 also has a huge level advantage over places like duncraig/fautz/teganze already) But you also need to check a host of different item setups regarding SU's, RW's, Crafts and such.

It just takes a fair bit of investment to truly test and flesh out another build. That people are more willing to follow a cookie cutter build if they don't have the time to really invest that much into something that may or may not work.

edit: and in some cases the items that do make those builds viable are extremely pricy. Why spend such an obsurd amount of tg on a build, when you can accomplish the same thing with substantially less investment.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cyborgtemplar wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
Remiel wrote:I'm mostly disappointed in a lot of the skill trees. Bowazon and javazon need some serious help. Naginata assassin has way to low of health points. Sadly people need to follow a cookie cutter to a tee build to succeed in this game. Basic skill trees on classes should be more viable. For sorc the caster trees are not viable at all. It's either melee or valtheks command. This game should have 50+ viable builds.

Not sure why you think of any of that. Just because they aren't "tier 1" doesn't mean they aren't viable. Cold sorc has been ran all the way to the end and I've personally ran poison and fire. If you are lost ask for help, just because most sorcs are playing melee or mana doesn't mean those are optimal or the only options.

their also the only ones with set guides (melee is very in depth), and some for mana roaming around.

The sheer cost of testing a new build is pretty costy. Since not only do you need to re level 1-125 (yes ik you can respec, but for something to be viable in my opinion, 1-125 also needs to be in a relative spot. a build that works at 130-140 also has a huge level advantage over places like duncraig/fautz/teganze already) But you also need to check a host of different item setups regarding SU's, RW's, Crafts and such.

It just takes a fair bit of investment to truly test and flesh out another build. That people are more willing to follow a cookie cutter build if they don't have the time to really invest that much into something that may or may not work.

edit: and in some cases the items that do make those builds viable are extremely pricy. Why spend such an obsurd amount of tg on a build, when you can accomplish the same thing with substantially less investment.

That's on them for wanting to follow cookie cutter builds. You don't need a guide to play, just actually think about your build and what stats you need to be successful. You don't need expensive items for a build to work, that's just a fallacy. The build might be better with them, but there are generally budget alternatives.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
cyborgtemplar wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:

That's on them for wanting to follow cookie cutter builds. You don't need a guide to play, just actually think about your build and what stats you need to be successful. You don't need expensive items for a build to work, that's just a fallacy. The build might be better with them, but there are generally budget alternatives.

While i would generally agree. I myself am new and am following the melee sorc guide for the most part. A relatively cookie cutter build. I can theory craft a quantity of builds all day long. But if i don't know the general stat ranges they need to be effective, or how the later uber mechanics work etc. Then making that build would be from knowing literally nothing. Essentially beta testing at that point. And i have an 18 hour credit load + work hours, the time i can invest isn't substantial enough for that level of commitment to one build.

Once i do know the basics however, after experiencing some of the fights on a more cookie cutter all round build. Then I'll have a better understanding of what i'm making that build for. What my goals for it are, general stat/lvl range and requirements, etc. Since some builds just aren't viable with how it's executed without substantial gear (by viable, i don't mean can kill the bosses. I mean can kill them at a reasonable pace with reasonable gear given the bosses level. so the 1-120 content shouldn't be too much of a threat outside one or two fights without needing full SU setups or crafted XIS rune builds etc. but some investment expected)
Bulooka
Lava Lord
91 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So anyways, about those bounties...
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Celladoor wrote:
Demonlord wrote:

I think its from the lack of places to get good exp from 120-125.

Dunc is good exp per mob but imo, it’s faster to just do K3K til 125 and skip dunc altogether. This is coming from the perspective of my 122 bowazon and summom barb w decent gear. Things got easier when I spec’d Paragon and am ab to go runemaster on the barb and see if that helps.

Dunc is unforgiving if you have low hp, are not quick, cant deal adequate dmg.

I literally hate dunc. I can clear it on my zon. The first open areas are ok. But that lower teleport? Open tp, cast fire elementals, buff, tp over and lay down as many phalanx’s as i can before I die. Sometimes it takes a few. Sometimes, the mobs spawn in just the wrong places so it takes 10 tp’s to clear each one. Die/phalanx/die/phalanx... rinse/repeat. Im sure it will be easier later.

But its slow exp.

However, I just rolled a xbow necro. I cant understand how some people on these forums say that bowazons are “fine”. Maybe w bis gear they are “fine”. But an xbow nec is very similar(ranged pew pew) and he absolutely is GODLY compared to bowazons- and with lesser quality gear.

Im sure amazons are “fine”
for some. But bowazons indeed struggle in this game. Whenever I see people talk ab how they struggle someone always comes in with “they are fine”. Yet, there are no advices given. No build advice. Nothing. Just a vague “they are fine”. Which means nothing.

But perhaps im missing something. It’s a fun class/build when it works but it seems it may be a build that needs to be supported by heavy trading/farming with another character first. Idk.

I can agree that the leveling areas have something to do with it in the 120-125 range but i would argue thats only about half of it though... The Density difference is also a HUGE factor as well. Fauzt litteraly has double if not Triple the mobs any other map you have done at that point has in it. Density is a huge factor in this imo. For example if they were to just add more mobs to Dunc this would probably just about be enough to help fix this for the most part i believe. The Density in all 125+ Content is quite noticeable. Even Visjun has retarded Density you dont see anywhere before 125.

Duncraig i dont even bother to dodge barrels anymore but thats mostly thanks to Max Block+400K+Defense. The Storm Tree i can vouch works. For damn near everything as well. The ONLY content im having to respec for is Valthek (Because his set has no gem slots so at that point you have invested into paragon for nothing.. might as well swap it.) and other Purify type content as well. Same with most of your tree at that point and you NEED good life for that fight so swapping a few things around to accommodate this works wonders ive found. Im starting to feel like Respeccing for some endgame content is just nessisary in this game is all there is to it. And some Classes will find themselves respeccing for more content than others i guess. Even the OP Barbs you see videos of you dont see the same exact build doing all that crazy content its always something tweeked specifically for that fight they are in weather its stacking tons of life+Slow or whatever your Strat is for that particular setup. Some classes just simply have more tools in their belt than others.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
nice discussion about bounties :coolstorybob: