Player position constantly out of sync

Discuss Median XL!
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
Is this a bug or a feature? I don't remember it being like this in D2.

Example:
- Rushing through Torajan jungles
- Player on my screen is too far from the actual location
- I get teleported back to the actual location

That keeps happening so often, it almost feels like the movement speed on my d2 client is different than on the server.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
play on a better gs for your location

forest keeper novas have knockback and desync you sometimes.

stop sprinting on corners of trees and pillars. give your character enough space to move cleanly through areas, not wall hugging.
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
Really could be the forest keepers, need to keep an eye on those. Just been rushing through that jungle so many times and the sync problem is getting on my nerves.

edit: Tested in K3K and with cows, it seems to happen anywhere with big masses of monsters. Just running through them without killing them gets me teleported back.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
If u have void charm tele on cd to prevent that.
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
Yea I noticed that Jitan's Gate fixes it as well, but it's always on cooldown :D
Castellon
Fallen
1 | 0
plts88 wrote:Really could be the forest keepers, need to keep an eye on those. Just been rushing through that jungle so many times and the sync problem is getting on my nerves.

edit: Tested in K3K and with cows, it seems to happen anywhere with big masses of monsters. Just running through them without killing them gets me teleported back.

Definitely this. Running through and skipping mobs gets you out of sync on a regular basis. It doesn't happen always though and it the number of mobs seem to vary. Annoying as hell, no pun intended. haha
Celladoor
Rust Claw
85 | 0
plts88 wrote:Is this a bug or a feature? I don't remember it being like this in D2.

Example:
- Rushing through Torajan jungles
- Player on my screen is too far from the actual location
- I get teleported back to the actual location

That keeps happening so often, it almost feels like the movement speed on my d2 client is different than on the server.

This happens even if on a good gs. I have a crap isp connection atm. I have a 50kbs dl rate when NOTHING else uses bandwidth (lol rite??) and if im on the closest best gs from me, Atlant(21) or NY(NJ?) I occasionally get this warping too.

OR... if im on a toon that runs very fast. It happens then too.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
plts88 wrote:Yea I noticed that Jitan's Gate fixes it as well, but it's always on cooldown :D

i'd love jitans gate on a lower cooldown without items. I routinely teleport in duncraig on the first tele. clear the room and am at the 2nd tele before jitans is off cd. after that's clear i have 2 back to back tele's to get to the next section (from 3rd to 2nd then 2nd to 4th) and that's just a waiting game.

I don't use a teleport switch or have a void charm teleport. so it's irritating to wait on. (or when teleporting over small gaps when running charms in the jungle which just adds 15+ seconds to each run.)