Most broken skills: Overpowered or Useless?

Discuss Median XL!
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
duysir0 wrote:*Underpowered -
-Sorc' Bladestorm : Coolest skill in Median but it sucks: Poor WDM of 35%. Doesn't hit anything, even worse vs mobile enemies. It cost way too much mana for a 1 point skill and get worse exponentially after getting each charm with +skill .You know what's sad, it's a level 24 skill but consider the overall performance it just feels inferior compare to WraithSword which theoretically is a weaker version. I get the idea for these skill goes - Wraithsword for bosses/single target and Bladestorm for farming/large number mobs but no, even the Wraithsword tooltip says it "Deal more damage in crowded area" so whats the point of Bladestorm? Improve the %WDM, change the dmg conversion from Magic to Cold, reduce mana cost.

In my experience Bladestorm's pretty good. Its mana cost is of no consequence to me since I leech it all back anyway, and it's the skill to use when dealing with Necrobots considering it converts your damage to Magic. It's also the entire reason (along with Force Blast) why I can survive being surrounded by dense packs of mobs in Fauzt since it can spread out and hit Harpies/Neon Fiends/Hardliners while I wail on said Necrobots.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
wall of text incoming

► the oskills in the affix list

i'll add another wall of text for the regular skill trees (and skills coming from other specific items) a bit later today
Edited by ChuckNoRis 5 years.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
OP? Nephalem spirit
1 pt to ns deal 3k+ MIN dmg meanwhile maxing sin WoG deal 1k+ MAX dmg.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
i stopped reading chuck's garbage after he said rock shock was good and "xis apostasy".
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:i stopped reading chuck's garbage after he said rock shock was good and "xis apostasy".

Can you play a game with a fun build while there are better builds out there? Take a skill and look how far it can get you/you can get it. Either self found or with twinking. That is fun, what isn't fun is taking the same rofl stomp build all the time and stomp through the ladder just to have finished it like a daily quest every 3 months.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
but I don't do that, so I don't know why you're saying it like I play a nephalem spirit barb every season..

I used hammer of zerae as my main char, a skill that has existed for years and no one ever pushed. I'm doing a bow druid right now since most people only play TW or wolf anymore. I hardly ever play the same character twice. I enjoy pushing oskills, but a lot of the comments in that wall he had were just very "chuck" for lack of a better term.

Plus, aren't you the one who built an assassin with abandoned crafts to beat laz within 1 day and quit for the whole season? Don't be so quick to call others out.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:........... Suffix +(16 to 24) to Glacial Nova 82 99 40 217 Druid Staves, Druid Helms, Sorceress Body Armor.....

Hm.. Haven't you tried Glacial Nova build based on
Absolute Zero
Absolute Zero
Battle Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 61 to 66
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 234
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Glacial Nova: +150% Total Damage
Fire Spell Damage Reduces Cold Spell Damage
Fire Pierce Reduces Cold Pierce
Glacial Nova Cooldown Reduced by 4 seconds
+50% Damage to Undead
-40% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(20 to 30) to Glacial Nova
Maximum Fire Resist -5%
Maximum Cold Resist +10%
(50 to 100)% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (4)
buffs for it?... Guess druid with full cold damage synergy from Symbiosis can make smth out of that. Sadly doggies giving all spell damage so fire part will neutralize cold part from their aura.
But penalities for fire damage/pierce still also critical limiting gear choises and rounding everything around only crafts...
Edited by Scalewinged 5 years.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Absolute Zero is the only item that can make Glacial nova worth more than a support skill and instead to be used as a main attack ("no longer freezes enemies ") . still , it's hard to believe that it's comparable to Freezing Gale in terms of damage , i got the item , but i haven't tested it yet .
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:Absolute Zero is the only item that can make Glacial nova worth more than a support skill and instead to be used as a main attack ("no longer freezes enemies ") . still , it's hard to believe that it's comparable to Freezing Gale in terms of damage , i got the item , but i haven't tested it yet .

Freezing gale need you to stand still and channel while here it will be more different playstyle like cast, run for second, cast, run again, cast... and so on. So it will be more mobile.. If it will worth anything at all. But still i hope 50+ Glacial nova with lot of cold spell damage and +150% total damage on top of all that will make smth at least valuable for farming :bounce:
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
well , channeling freezing gale vs spamming glacial nova is not much difference imo as both require to stop and push a button , either for channeling or for spaming . the mobility difference is not so big , unless you are 1-shoting stuff with glacial nova , which i doubt . still , it's worth giving it a shot , i will probably put it to a test this weekend . i wonder if having gear with increased "%spell" damage would work against the build (as not providing any boost at all since +fire= -cold= 0) or if that only applies for "fire spell " damage only . this indeed needs some testing as it would be interesting to know .