Most broken skills: Overpowered or Useless?

Discuss Median XL!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Crash wrote:i stopped reading chuck's garbage after he said rock shock was good and "xis apostasy".

Wow you had quite the patience. I didn‘t get that far.
titan015
Stone Warrior
33 | 4
Crash wrote:Plus, aren't you the one who built an assassin with abandoned crafts to beat laz within 1 day and quit for the whole season? Don't be so quick to call others out.

How ironic, aren't you the one who is calling people out first? And as a moderator you sure love dissing newbies out in discord.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
ChuckNoRis wrote:Suffix +(18 to 24) to Shadow Blade 82 99 40 217 Throwing Knives - overpowered

I barely remember using this a long time ago... Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Shadow Blade a single knife that can't really do anything in crowds? How would this skill be used, and why is it overpowered?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
it deals a shitload of (magic) damage to 1 target . mostly 1-shooting stuff . it doesn't have to be a crowd killer ,not all skills are designed for that , but since it's 1-shooting stuff , i am counting it on the overpowered skills list . also , since it's 1-shooting stuff , you can throw it in all directions around you if you spin your character , so it's not bad vs small packs either .
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:it deals a shitload of (magic) damage to 1 target . mostly 1-shooting stuff . it doesn't have to be a crowd killer ,not all skills are designed for that , but since it's 1-shooting stuff , i am counting it on the overpowered skills list . also , since it's 1-shooting stuff , you can throw it in all directions around you if you spin your character , so it's not bad vs small packs either .

But it doesnt 1-shot everything anymore. That was changed a couple of patches ago to "only" 5k or 10k magic damage. I don't remember the exact value. Reason for that was that the proc killed everything easily with Maelstrom/Whichwind in a matter of seconds.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Hmm... That sounds like it might be a decent skill for throwsin astrogha runs. Thanks for the info!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
it's 6500 flat magic damage in Sigma + the damage added to weapon from the ways , it is quite a lot considering you can access it quite fast from a craft (late nightmare/early hell) . it takes a lot for the wotg or wotp to grow as strong in comparison , so at that stage of the game i say it's OP - it can still 1-shot regular opponents . you can't farm ubers like duncraig or fauztinville with it since it's not a build designed for crowds , i did not claim that , but in some of the ubers where the aoe/multihit skills are working against you , it can shine - example below

AzureGladiator wrote:Hmm... That sounds like it might be a decent skill for throwsin astrogha runs. Thanks for the info!
if you want to avoid destroying the statues by accident , yes , it's a viable option
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
titan015 wrote:And as a moderator you sure love dissing newbies out in discord.

I hardly use discord anymore.

If you have more to say, send a pm. im not going to argue anything more about this here.
dikhim
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
All skills based on magical damage because there is no magic damage pierce
Like the psicrown. It's based on base energy and deals magic damage. There is no way to increase it above 7k dmg or pierce resistance
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Useless skill: >>>>>>>>>>>>>Fire Elemental<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Just throw the whole skill away and give amazons a dodge passive. They had 3 different dodge/avoidance passives in Vanilla D2 and a critical strike. Now they're glass pistols.

#MakeAmazonsGreatAgain