Am I the only one that doesn't find the uber bosses fun?

Discuss Median XL!
lllpulselll
Sasquatch
62 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
half of the 125 bosses, and most 130+ bosses seem to just be this grind of dying a million times and needling away at them to finally get a kill, or being one of two guys on the server that found the lightning barb exploit or the trap rat exploit that gives you way higher stats and damage than you're supposed to have

I enjoy the economy and farming and trading, but the uber levels / end game stuff is just more frustrating than anything

I can't be the only one that feels this way
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It's a learning process. They're meant to be doable by new-ish players, but not perfected immediately. Once you learn gear prep and what attacks to watch out for, you'll get better. Just takes some time.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
There's supposed to be a learning curve. Yes, there are some cheese builds/exploits that eventually get fleshed out each patch but the devs are usually pretty quick to jump on them.

I'll admit, I shared similar sentiments when I first started playing. I can't tell you how tilted I got after getting Valthek down to 10% hp and then dying moments after lock-out 20+ times. Same with Uldyssian until I learned to corner-cheese him.

That feeling of accomplishment is definitely well worth the effort but I will concede that there are class imbalances that should be addressed. I just made a thread about how weak Amazon passives are compared to other classes (primarily barb) and how certain classes are forced to respec practically every single new uber whereas Barbs can just fortress-spam ranged-friendly ubers and avoid respeccing entirely.

Through testing and fan feedback, I have hope that these imabalances will eventually get fixed. Just crossing my fingers that Fire elemental gets replaced with something that actually makes sense (dodge/crit strike passive or something).
Celladoor
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Primarch wrote:There's supposed to be a learning curve. Yes, there are some cheese builds/exploits that eventually get fleshed out each patch but the devs are usually pretty quick to jump on them.

I'll admit, I shared similar sentiments when I first started playing. I can't tell you how tilted I got after getting Valthek down to 10% hp and then dying moments after lock-out 20+ times. Same with Uldyssian until I learned to corner-cheese him.

That feeling of accomplishment is definitely well worth the effort but I will concede that there are class imbalances that should be addressed. I just made a thread about how weak Amazon passives are compared to other classes (primarily barb) and how certain classes are forced to respec practically every single new uber whereas Barbs can just fortress-spam ranged-friendly ubers and avoid respeccing entirely.

Through testing and fan feedback, I have hope that these imabalances will eventually get fixed. Just crossing my fingers that Fire elemental gets replaced with something that actually makes sense (dodge/crit strike passive or something).

In before "Bowazons are fine, git gud".... bc you know it's coming.
deseo
Imp
5 | 0
im okay with them but absolutely hate the lock out mechanic it serves no purpose and cant even understand why its a thing.
AnimeWaifu
Stygian Watcher
43 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
deseo wrote:im okay with them but absolutely hate the lock out mechanic it serves no purpose and cant even understand why its a thing.

to prevent cheesing is that really hard to understand? :coolstorybob:
deseo
Imp
5 | 0
AnimeWaifu wrote:
deseo wrote:im okay with them but absolutely hate the lock out mechanic it serves no purpose and cant even understand why its a thing.

to prevent cheesing is that really hard to understand? :coolstorybob:

maybe its cus im new but i don't see how someone can cheat on a game that 1 shots you on almost every boss .the funny thing is the lock outs are on bosses that are trash but not hard ones witch is why im asking. maybe on multiplayer but i see the lock outs serve no purpose on single player.
malderun
Prowler
17 | 3
Would make more sense if they had a cool down before you could re enter similar to when you die, or if they reset after you died. But I'm sure it's a lot easier to just have to remake the game rather then waste time coding when they could be making more content.

The annoying part to most is not so much the remaking the game but the long runs back when remaking a game hopefully some new way points will help that. And from what I've read they are coming.

As to the Ubers sucking. That's what makes the game good. This was my first season I got through most and many of the purify one's I could not do maybe I never will. But the one thing that holds true just like d2 there's means to get it through trade even on single player.
zakar
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
Some of them especially are just straight up horrible compared to similar fights, and encompass every worst aspect of Median.
Example: Laz, Witch, Uldy. These are all Purify bosses. Witch is heavily RNG based. And Uldy is just an unfathomable grind with zero skill involved. Yet... Laz is also a purify boss, the fight isn't a huge grind, there's no RNG, and it's a pure skill fight.
CzechMate
Stygian Watcher
42 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'm gonna chime in with a bit of a controversial point of view again. Guys, you sound like bunch of whining bi**es. The mod was always hard and as I stated before, it's in its easiest version ever. As Crash said, it is just about getting better at the execution. Heck you can even do Uldy deathless with some crazy gearing and specific life builds + good RNG. We've seen people slaming Laz under 5 minutes. There were bunch of guys that were selling Witch charm like crazy early in the league. Just cause everybody saw Aerial (very experienced long time player) doing all the content without good gear that doesn't mean the game is supposed to be like that. This even strengthens my point of making the xp grind after 125 harder because those bosses should be really hard. They should take proper gearing and specific builds and getting better and better at dealing with them. So you really have that feeling of accomplishment. The same goes for the lockout. What you don't get about turning it into totally trivial task? Guys understand that this mod was made in times when games were hard not like almost every mainstream game nowadays. Also insted of just bashing the hell out of this thing that took YEARS to polish, try coming up with some constructive criticism