Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The majority of set items are hugely underwhelming on almost every class. I understand this may have been intentional to ease the transition into mid-game but the fact that these mediocre items still drop in late-game just seems like a wasted portion of the loot table. Its rather sad to simply ignore the vast majority of green drops during lategame.

I motion for the drop rate of set items to be reduced significantly while their stats are increased significantly (disregard Yaerius’ belt god damn) to make them more competitive or, conversely, create a new set of endgame sets that have an extremely low drop rate and a skill modifier like you see on a lot of new Sigma SSUs. “5 piece set bonus: Magic missile has a 20% chance to summon current level fire elemental when enemy is slain.” just as an example.

I’ll never forget that gleeful surprise I’d get whenever I found a set item as a kid. Median XL pretty much annihilated that memory and pissed on the ashes.

I wanna feel my loins stir once again when that beautiful green text graces my computer screen. Plz bb
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
I approve (:
zatox
Destroyer
7 | 0
i think sets fit perfectly the gap between TU and GG craft/SU/SSU. some set might need slight rework but most are fine enough for lv 120 content. gitgud
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
i subscribe to the "sets are crap" . most of them need a rework - i've been complaining about this since a few years ago , nothing changed since then. i always go for crafts in between tu's and SU's . also there are enough TU's better than many set parts . and of course there are very few exceptions like the Cinadide's set which has a place among the decent set options
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
Agreed. Plus, at least for me, by the time a full set comes into hand, the gear I've found already still beats it. If you have that 'full set glow' happening, you should be a character to be reckoned with!
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ibra1 wrote:Agreed. Plus, at least for me, by the time a full set comes into hand, the gear I've found already still beats it.
Exactly this, they would work good as a step between TUs and SUs/endgame runewords but before you get an entire set you're already running around with crafts and runewords that are as strong if not stronger than the set. They're ok if you twink the entire set and equip it as soon as you hit lvl100 but that's about it.
ppwiseman
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I agree that all sets should have "special" attributes when completed but making sets stronger will lower build/gear diversity. People will hoard full sets in their mules and equip it when the times comes. If they are stronger than other items, every character will wear full sets and thus every character would be very similar. A change that kills diversity is not a good change.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
It‘s not about making sets so OP that they are the only option. It‘s about making them viable enough to make you want to gather them.

Look at summoner necro set for example. It‘s utter crap. Every set piece gives strength. Why? As a summoner You can waste your statpoints like no other build anyway. Why would you need more strength? Instead the Lazarus set, a set meant for totemancers gives a lot more minion stats than the whole summoner set despite the summoner set having 1 set piece more.

Readjusting sets is very needed. But SU‘s were first and that‘s fine. I‘m pretty positive that the devs will do their best to readjust the items in future patches.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote:It‘s not about making sets so OP that they are the only option. It‘s about making them viable enough to make you want to gather them.

Look at summoner necro set for example. It‘s utter crap. Every set piece gives strength. Why? As a summoner You can waste your statpoints like no other build anyway. Why would you need more strength? Instead the Lazarus set, a set meant for totemancers gives a lot more minion stats than the whole summoner set despite the summoner set having 1 set piece more.

Readjusting sets is very needed. But SU‘s were first and that‘s fine. I‘m pretty positive that the devs will do their best to readjust the items in future patches.

please make this happen.
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
It's a long shot, but Greendude, the guy that manages the Path of Diablo servers, made a reddit thread where the community re-designed an unique/set and then chose one or two. It would be awesome to let players shine their light on some ideas.