ideal of attributes mechanism

Discuss Median XL!
BlackMoon
Cultist
20 | 0
Hey guys, recently, When I play this mod I realize one of the fact. When a player use Strength Damage Bonus weapon(SDBW). He needs strength to increase the damage. This is same goes to the caster, the most part that a caster need is Energy, and each point you use to the energy, it increase the caster spell damage. However, this situation is not the same goes to those who use Dexterity Damage Bonus weapon(DDBW). When they put point into the Dex, they will got not just only the damage increasing, but also the defence and attack rating and if you need shield, Dex also increase your block chance. Which makes me feel unfair, if I am a caster or a SDBW user, every point that I spend into energy or Strength, will be far less benefit than a DDBW user. Moreover, the vitality is even worse than any other attributes, if I am not make mistake, most of the build that on the guide center that in the stats of vitality it always says: NONE, only few build recommend put point into vitality, because there are many skills or passive that add more life than you spend point into vitality. In this situation, I think of one idea: what if we change the mechanism of the attributes that could affect not just only the damage increase, but some other factor, same like Dex. For example, this is what I think of the way:

Each point you spend on the strength will increase: 1. damge(when you use SDBW) 2. damage reduce( could have Diminishing Return) 3. (still not figure out, probably could be

Each point you spend on the dex will increase:1. damge(when you use DDBW) 2. Defence( actucally, I really want to change this name from"defence" to "dodge" or "avoid", call it defence but the mechanism is avoid....)3. attack rating 4 block chance

Each point you spend on the vitality will increase:1. life 2. life regenrate 3. curse length reduction( or poison or even could be walk speed)

Each point you spend on the energy will increase: 1. spell damage 2. Mana shield( sorry don't know how to say, but basically is when you get hit, it will transfer X%of the mana to cost this damage, instead of life.)3. mana regenerate

I think if attributes change like this, each one will have their own reason to spend point on it, instead of only put point in one attribute, and this could makes many different ways to spend point to change the playstyle, instead of only to match the requirement of gear. and even you put all the point into one attribute, you will not feel only the dex get more benefit than strength or energy or even vitality.
If you have any good idea or think this have problem or what I write in some part that you don't understand , please tell me if you want. thank you~BTW: this is just one of my idea, I know in reality there probably some difficultiy to change, but I just really wish that atrribute mechanism could be more useful and optional. Finally, wish median sigma become better and better! :D
Edited by BlackMoon 5 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You know... actually your topic was moved to the Sigma Bugs & Feedback forum. I know because when I responded, it said that the topic was moved. And it was fine there, because this is feedback. So I don't really know why you moved it into a new topic again.

Nevermind though. I'm sure it'll be moved there shortly again.
BlackMoon
Cultist
20 | 0
oh, I thought it was me post into a wrong place, I don't know my topic should move to Sigma Bugs & Feedback. Sorry for any inconvenience.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
It's okay, the devs need to be kept busy :D We don't want them to become bored, do we? :D
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This is actually a really cool idea. Vitality is supremely underpowered in its current state, as you say. I love the idea of an avoid mechanic on dex or maybe vitality giving flat DR with diminishing returns. Of course this would affect the game’s balance for certain classes but maybe there could be a counterbalance.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
This should be content for a big patch, because it will change the gameplay significantly.
BlackMoon
Cultist
20 | 0
if I remember correctly,in the original Diablo 2 vitality affect life regenerate, and i don't know why this mod delete this effection, maybe because this effection really strong? and I really feel vitality in here not really important than any other attributes, since running is not become common, vitality now is a really useless attributes for many build. That's why I think to rework the attributes mechanism to make every attributes that worth us to spend point into it, instead of only spend in some certain attributes.
BlackMoon
Cultist
20 | 0
tranvanhieu wrote:This should be content for a big patch, because it will change the gameplay significantly.

yes, i know. I think compare with the skill changing, this mechanism chaning is really need take time. not just only add some factor into the attribute, but also need to establish an euqation to balance these factor. I think this change don't need to do it right now, especally the certain announcement date is already come out, but in the future could do it. :D
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
BlackMoon wrote:if I remember correctly,in the original Diablo 2 vitality affect life regenerate, and i don't know why this mod delete this effection, maybe because this effection really strong? and I really feel vitality in here not really important than any other attributes, since running is not become common, vitality now is a really useless attributes for many build. That's why I think to rework the attributes mechanism to make every attributes that worth us to spend point into it, instead of only spend in some certain attributes.

You don't remember correctly
Life never regenerated naturally.
BlackMoon
Cultist
20 | 0
Seekers wrote:
BlackMoon wrote:if I remember correctly,in the original Diablo 2 vitality affect life regenerate, and i don't know why this mod delete this effection, maybe because this effection really strong? and I really feel vitality in here not really important than any other attributes, since running is not become common, vitality now is a really useless attributes for many build. That's why I think to rework the attributes mechanism to make every attributes that worth us to spend point into it, instead of only spend in some certain attributes.

You don't remember correctly
Life never regenerated naturally.

oh, really....then i must got wrong. :)