Mouse wheel

Discuss Median XL!
adam.327
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
When I scroll my wheel, i can hear it making the sound like I'm pressing a button, but it wont register as a hotkey.
ELBOWgrease0000
Cultist
23 | 4
So if you can hear the sound, thats a good sign.
And if you reread my previous post-- you cant (at least I cant) assign mousewheel directly as a hotkey.

Instead, assign your "Skill #1 " hotkey to the "A" button.
Then goto ur charcters Left/Right hand skill box, hover the skill you want, press "A" to assign it.
Your mousewhell UP should automatically be working for that "A" hotkey Skill #1 at that point.

its kinda wierd though, cuz I can only get certain keys to work this way....
adam.327
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Tried several times, your method doesn't work for me.
ELBOWgrease0000
Cultist
23 | 4
u using XP3 compatibility mode?
double-check that.
and r u using launcher or sp?
what OS?
Laptop or tower?
adam.327
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
yes, and running as admin. Ive tried launcher and game.exe. Ive tried both tower and laptop. both are windows 10. when playing regular classic lod, it works just fine, but not with sigma.
ELBOWgrease0000
Cultist
23 | 4
dang.
i dont have regular access to a Win10 system atm, but ill try to troubleshoot a bit further next time at my buddy's place.

srry adam, thought thatd do it for ya-- esp the renaming/rebuilding .json cfg part.

UPDATE:
so i was just reading a buncha forums and this is pretty common problem for D2, and other Mods like PoD.
for Win10, i guess compat mode set as XPsp2 works better than sp3 for some reason, a few ppl say W7 compat, even.
so u might just try them all.
** And do it for BOTH game.exe AND diablo2.exe (set them both the same)

Hate sending u on a goose chase, but again i dont have a W10 machine to test on.
one other thing, in ur mouse ctrl panel settings, make sure ur mousewheel is set to scroll 1-3 lines at a time, and Not a full page at a time, if u have any options there.

Annd just FYI, the 'strange' behavior (in terms of wheel only working with certain keys) is mentioned frequently, so id stick with Q, A, Z as ur Skill 1,2,3 until you get it working then try other combos from thereon.