Treewarden wildfire druid

Discuss Median XL!
Rickjamesyies
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
I have been playing wildfire since the new season started. So far it seems fine, but I am not too sure if I would be better off doing something else with my character or solely playing wildfire/treewarden. The wildfire damage seems good at the moment when the enemies aren't fire resistant anyway.

So my question to you: Is there something better I could be using instead of wildfire and would it want any specific gear I should be looking out for?
crankzax
Prowler
16 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
How far did you end up making it? Curious with the buffs coming out.
piezo
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
>treewarden

>buffs

:coolstorybob:
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Lvl 95 so far. Force of Nature added around 500 damage on Wildfire for 500 ish strength. Will have to confirm at higher strength to see if it is worth it over Faerie fire. Lack of FHR early on is a problem, once I get my T4 orbed it should be way better. Damage is still fine by nightmare Mephisto. I’m afraid of later ubers with teleport when hit. They are raining actually. (Baal, Astrogha, Kabraxis etc.)
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Wildfire and PF are the Spells* (attacks that trigger spell like Damage mechanics) that are made for FoN since their stat synergy bonus scales with Str.
If you do not use FoN and cannot get a significant synergy boost out of EF and ene - what is most likely as Treewarden (Bear)- then you will loose about 180 -200% synergy bonus in endgame.
This would translate into a total damage loss of about 3x % if you take the damage with FoN as base value.
Killing stuff 50ish % faster or having 20% + more avoid - this is the choice you have to make.
Edited by mortimer_85 4 years.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:Lvl 95 so far. Force of Nature added around 500 damage on Wildfire for 500 ish strength. Will have to confirm at higher strength to see if it is worth it over Faerie fire. Lack of FHR early on is a problem, once I get my T4 orbed it should be way better. Damage is still fine by nightmare Mephisto. I’m afraid of later ubers with teleport when hit. They are raining actually. (Baal, Astrogha, Kabraxis etc.)

500 str is nothing. EF (or in this case, SF) starts kicking in with high amounts of energy (or in this case, str). You can check here: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/concepts/energyfactor. Pretend that its str on the y axis and str factor on the y axis. You can see there that it barely modifies your sinergy at 500 str, even with very high str factor.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Well we do not have full logs out yet, but yeah its a sort of rule: dont worry about ef below 1000 energy/strenght
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Istaryu wrote:
Johnny Impak wrote:Lvl 95 so far. Force of Nature added around 500 damage on Wildfire for 500 ish strength. Will have to confirm at higher strength to see if it is worth it over Faerie fire. Lack of FHR early on is a problem, once I get my T4 orbed it should be way better. Damage is still fine by nightmare Mephisto. I’m afraid of later ubers with teleport when hit. They are raining actually. (Baal, Astrogha, Kabraxis etc.)

500 str is nothing. EF (or in this case, SF) starts kicking in with high amounts of energy (or in this case, str). You can check here: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/concepts/energyfactor. Pretend that its str on the y axis and str factor on the y axis. You can see there that it barely modifies your sinergy at 500 str, even with very high str factor.

I am well aware of that. I was pointing out the fact that it is too soon to make a realistic judgement about this skill. It will most likely end that for hard content I will pick up Faerie Fire for added dodge, Force of Nature for added killspeed when farming
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Why even discuss strength/energy factor unless talking about endgame stat levels? It is very much an endgame relevant stat, not early-midgame (up to like ummm, 120ish) where things like %spell damage will grant better results. Once you have 15k+ of a stat, it really means something.

So yeah, let's talk about 500str Force of Nature... let's talk about grass growing and paint drying.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

I am well aware of that. I was pointing out the fact that it is too soon to make a realistic judgement about this skill. It will most likely end that for hard content I will pick up Faerie Fire for added dodge, Force of Nature for added killspeed when farming

What I was trying to say is that it will get a LOT better as you gear up.