Right way to build Throw Assassin?

Discuss Median XL!
B_ATAKY
Sasquatch
60 | 3
AKwasp wrote:
aerial wrote:tldr: it should still be very strong

I'm up to 128 on your 2H Barb build (first character ever) and the first set I've farmed fully is the Assassin Throwing Set (Tracker's Creed)

Looking to mix up the playstyle and get an Assassin rolling this weekend, any advice?

I'm not Aerial, but can give you one advice.
Forget about tracker set and farm some abandoned shrines. Full shrine set + void is way to go.
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
How about fire procs + wotp? Is it much worse than pure magick damage build?
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
i think the way to go is triefling form and stack dex.
im 128 right now and still mostly on T4s. Can farm dunc easily and Fautz moderately. Got most of the charms.

With good equip the build will be great i think.
AKwasp
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
B_ATAKY wrote:Forget about tracker set and farm some abandoned shrines. Full shrine set + void is way to go.

Thanks but I specifically want to use the Tracker Set. It's the first set I've completed so I'm making the character especially for it. I have 2 or 3 pieces of multiple other sets, I'd like to try out all the various MXL playstyles eventually.

From what I've read, sounds like Maelstrom is favored over Storm Crows? But only 8pt not max?
Additionally max Perfect Being and Prismatic Cloak. Max Doom? Leftover points into Way of the Phoenix and then Spider. 1pt Beacon
Queen of Blades, Shadow Refuge, Blink, Broadside seem to earn extra points based on varying player preference.
Sockets should all be stacking Dex? Not sure if best to craft jewels or use gems/ runes.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
AKwasp wrote:From what I've read, sounds like Maelstrom is favored over Storm Crows? But only 8pt not max?
Additionally max Perfect Being and Prismatic Cloak. Max Doom? Leftover points into Way of the Phoenix and then Spider. 1pt Beacon
Queen of Blades, Shadow Refuge, Blink, Broadside seem to earn extra points based on varying player preference.
Sockets should all be stacking Dex? Not sure if best to craft jewels or use gems/ runes.

Max Perfect Being, Prismatic Cloak, Doom, after that it's really a matter of preference. I maxed Tiefling form so I could run + skills/dex are nice (even though early game and ubers are much easier even with some defence, the form forces you to practise dodging from the beginning), maxed Blink for low timer and some more stun duration to activate SR more safely, some points to SR to get more duration and phys res until I got more +skills, few extra blades to QoB although they propably didn't impact much, maxed Maelstrom as I used Void. That got me easily through mid-ubers with some crafts and TU's.

Ways just plain suck imo, years ago they were op af but gradually they have been nerfed to "meh", then again Gryphon was boosted last two patches so maybe some day... Only build I've used them with was elemental nagisin.

But as you are set on using set which is poison-oriented you propably want to ditch Tiefling and smax WotS and raise Maelstrom in 4's as it increases the Scorpion Blade proc and try to get more -poison res, it's a shame Scorpion Blade dmg scales with energy. Also without Void mana will be an issue, luckily that set has great wdm procs so few Ber-crafted jewels and/or mana leech MO's can carry a long way, though bosses will be a pot-fest I think.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Umo project natalya's deception is decent as well. I've got an armor like that, current req'd level is 102 and it's got

200% buff duration
40% all stats (that's 70% dex with 6x IO or PA)
80% mf and gf (two MF / GF umo's used, this matches a good craft which has ca. 60% mf)
used one of those new orbs that give it -10 level reqd for +50% requirements
it's got 690 strength required. Still lower than sacred ancient armor and can be reached with next to no strength investment

With this armor i've got 60 second duration shadow refugee.

What else can be slapped on it? There's realible space for three more UMO's (rlvl 132, 142 is rather difficult to reach)
Stack even more all stats? That can give additional 24% with those umos.

Shadow refuge usable with tknife is nice. I remember this skill being only usable with a claw or naginata before.

Do you use tiefling form? Or rather WOTP and keep your defense (although it isn't high anyway)
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
Anyone got a good idea for a buff wepon on switch?
is shamanka the only option?
i tried
Lataif-as-Sitta
for rapture, but the 10s duration is too annoying and it doesnt do all that much except save a few jewel slots..

am i missing something obvious?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
kolyeah8 wrote:Anyone got a good idea for a buff wepon on switch?
is shamanka the only option?
i tried
Lataif-as-Sitta
for rapture, but the 10s duration is too annoying and it doesnt do all that much except save a few jewel slots..

am i missing something obvious?

Rapture is 10s only, without any base points. You can roll bloodlust on claws, or get a shamanka, but it wont be that much bonus dmg, because base weapon dmg is pretty low, unless you are 140 with an rw in an eth balanced knife.