Right way to build Throw Assassin?

Discuss Median XL!
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Beejay327 wrote:Okay, that helps. I really appreciate you spelling out. I'm 121 with max block using TF, I'd love to get my dex to a point where I don't need TF.

Well I should probably just add that not using sacred is just for the rw you mentioned. To get dex up (I think) you prob need to craft (abandoned craft for armours) - unless you have the right SUs - and ofc that means using sacred rare items as bases.

Two slots that can be done easily are the shield, since most shields have a dex requirement but not a str one, and I started crafting circlet type head gear, preferably diadems which also have a dex reqt.

if you get a decent roll, when you bless it it gets better still (more flat dex, %dex and AR). When you stop using TF you'll have (and need) an amount of defence active again, so you may as well be using gear with decent defence.

Putting MOs for TCD and def helps and then get higher bases when your str is higher with more charms - I'm only repeating my understanding of what aerial said in previous posts.
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
Here is my experience with the build. I have been using the TF variant.

Using about 7-10 shrines I was able to craft gear to get me up around 60%+ block. I crafted all of the following looking only for high dex rolls and high dex%. If str rolled it was a bonus:

Leather Gloves
Circlet (any with some base str)
Quitled Armor
Boots
Sash
Bladed Shield

I MOed everything with dex to start and added FHR and FBR as needed. Socketed everything with amethyst/Io runes. At this point I had about 250 base str. The shield was the most important bit, I used the most shrines on it going for +skills and +1% block. This helped me reach max block quickly until I had enough dex to switch over to Hexward. I also switched my belt to
The Endless Loop
The Endless Loop
Light Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 1101 to 1143
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 105
40% Combat Speeds
+(10 to 19) to Charged Strike
Slow Target 10%
+50 to all Attributes
+75 Life Regenerated per Second
+(0 to 1) Mana on Striking
Socketed (2)
for the combat speeds.

For my weapon I used Void RW until I got a Xis rune then I switched to ElXis. I know Aerial talks a lot about wanting the mana on striking but I find that since we are now maxing maelstrom I still can run out of mana at times so the extra stats from ElXis are more valuable as I am using mana pots here and there anyways.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Waffle1209 wrote:For my weapon I used Void RW until I got a Xis rune then I switched to ElXis. I know Aerial talks a lot about wanting the mana on striking but I find that since we are now maxing maelstrom I still can run out of mana at times so the extra stats from ElXis are more valuable as I am using mana pots here and there anyways.

I mean, so you prefere just run oom hard and rely on potions vs sometimes barely run oom? :)
I prefere void over elxis, but both are playable. Vs trash it is less of a difference, but vs bosses, extra mana generation has additional value.

As for being stunlocked in fauztinville, which was mentioned earlier: get breakpoints to good levels, need quite a lot fbr for this to feel good. 4 frames is really must for fauzt to feel ok.
youtube.com/ae1337
CharlieTango
Lava Lord
94 | 18
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tiefling is worth it for the stamina alone. At level 138 I have just shy of 11k dex, 240mf, 200/174 fhr/fbr breakpoints, 170frw (245 frw with Celerity proc from Dawn), 65% avoid and of course max block. Maelstrom damage is 46k-48k
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
aerial wrote:As for being stunlocked in fauztinville, which was mentioned earlier: get breakpoints to good levels, need quite a lot fbr for this to feel good. 4 frames is really must for fauzt to feel ok.

I found early on 2 Ring of Truth can really help reaching those breakpoints.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
It is bit of a struggle, since we don't want to use too many jewels (low dex vs gem/rune). But if you go that rebel chest, thats 5 slots for 15 fbr jewels. Other than that just squeeze these mo on multiple crafts.
Where it gets really sketchy is going for that 600fbr breakpoint. Of course this WILL cost you some damage and vital stats, but 3 frame block feels pretty damn amazing, I could argue that it can be even worth the sacrifice.
youtube.com/ae1337
timagine
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Actually really enjoying this build alot. Wasn't able to find any, but does anyone know what the FHR, FBR, and IAS breakpoints would be? Thanks in advance :)
P3RTURB4TOR
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Can anyone send Skillplan and stats, my thaks !
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
P3RTURB4TOR wrote:Can anyone send Skillplan and stats, my thaks !

Read the thread. Aerial posted this on page 3.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
P3RTURB4TOR
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
GregMXL wrote:
P3RTURB4TOR wrote:Can anyone send Skillplan and stats, my thaks !

Read the thread. Aerial posted this on page 3.

Oh, Ty !