Right way to build Throw Assassin?

Discuss Median XL!
Splift
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Ya I was pretty sure it was applied to base damage(thus making it multiplicative).

Maybe the patch notes are wrong but they do say it has been reduced to 25%.
CandIeJack
Imp
4 | 0
revolut1oN wrote:Hey, atm I"m level 120 throwsin, build is max WotP, PB, Maelstorm, Prismatic Cloak and Doom. My gear is Void RW in sacred balanced knife, Doom Gong of Xiansai. rest is crafts, only ~100 signets eaten though. Im about 2k dex and made most 120 ubers easily. However, during the fight vs Kabraxis and D. Baal I've noticed that I kinda struggle with single target damage, Even when doomed they barely take any damage from my Maelstorm. My survivability is very high even with far from maxed 40% block, 8k life and 30k defense, but the damage just isn't there. I've seen builds melting Kabraxis in a minute while mine would take about 20-25 minutes for kill (assumption, didnt have patience to do that yet).
Any tips how to increase damage? Obviously need more signets for more dex, a few more charms and Xis Void. But then again, will that make a big difference? Maybe Maelstorm is just poor single target killer?
ATM my Maelstorm has around 5,5 - 7k damage.

I'm not saying my build is right (which is why I'm reading this thread), but I'm at 30k damage Maelstroms. I just stacked %dex and have garbo gear.

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=CandieOFT
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Okay, but you go for Ways, especially WotS kinda makes your damage fake. WotS is Imo totally not worth it as the build is all about multihit high magic damage maelstorm. Ways are kinda crappy, except maybe WotP. Without pierce damage from them is puny anyway and you have more important stats to stack than - enemy res. Thats how I see it.
Im around 10k now, much better gear (still nothing great) but still not all signets eaten. Lvl 124. On the right way I guess.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Problem is all ways suck, and of all of them Wots seems to be doing most work, as you can "tag" trash enemies, and wots will finish them off, as it will inflict substantial amount of damage ovr those >2s. Much more damage than you can deal with single throw of other ways.
If you spam maelstrom, then added damage from all spikes, over and over again counts, and then indeed wots is worthless.
youtube.com/ae1337
Beejay327
Invader
9 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
What MOs are recommended for a Dark Pact Helm? Any UMOs?

Thanks!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
marksman or solitude imo
youtube.com/ae1337
Beejay327
Invader
9 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
aerial wrote:marksman or solitude imo

Thanks!

Would a lost marble's "Mana on attack" be a replacement for the Void Balanced Knife? Also, would a Nagapearl's stun benefit this build enough you think?

I'm considering a lot since I only have about 50 levels to spare on it. Maybe even Essence of Itherael for sheer damage.

I appreciate the insight.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
"on attack" works only with melee attacks, not throwing skills
youtube.com/ae1337
Beejay327
Invader
9 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Thanks I appreciate the heads up
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aerial wrote:Problem is all ways suck, and of all of them Wots seems to be doing most work, as you can "tag" trash enemies, and wots will finish them off, as it will inflict substantial amount of damage ovr those >2s. Much more damage than you can deal with single throw of other ways.
If you spam maelstrom, then added damage from all spikes, over and over again counts, and then indeed wots is worthless.

Have you tried tiefling form? Atm im running it for farming. Unlimited sprinting and the stat boost are very nice. Max block and avoid can handle duncraig without problems.
Even fauztinville is working faster cause of the huge dex (dmg) boost. Running 350 mf and 7k dex with this.