Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Especially if you manage to get +1block on shield this is huge upgrade, that 1% is worth ton of dex for block.
youtube.com/ae1337
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
CallMeCrazySam wrote:You aren't supposed to be a tank in any sense of the word. Don't get hit.

Oh trust me. I've come to terms with that a long time ago. Lol. I do everything I can to keep some distance and it works.
Kogler1990
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
How do I leech.. I am using Lo-RW mana is fine. But Life? since 90% is magic dmg? I use Jah -Circlet atm for the 1 life on striking.. working somehow but cant be the trick lol?
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Kogler1990 wrote:How do I leech.. I am using Lo-RW mana is fine. But Life? since 90% is magic dmg? I use Jah -Circlet atm for the 1 life on striking.. working somehow but cant be the trick lol?

I was wondering the same. Closest I've come to a solution is life after kill mo's. Seems to help a little
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Bloodbath / Queen Of blades running most of the time and Storm Crow / Broadside when going low hp.
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Yes I tried Storm Crows (1pt) on LMB for leech and it was ok in early game. But staying away from damage and using pots now and again works too.

I see aerial is now trying another build with maxed storm crows and 8 maelstrom (and wotp/wotg). Usual maxed PB and PC ofc for avoid and dmg reduction.
I'm surprised that Shadow Refuge is taken - doesn't it need a melee weapon?

I tried a Storm Crows build in last patch up to level 120 as second char and it was great fun to play. Leeching was easy with SC. Not sure how it stacks up against maelstrom in this patch though.

BTW What mercenary are people using (if any)?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
This was just test of stormcrows for single target.
Verdict: it is worse than p8 maelstorm even without doom.. Not worth it.

In general at that stage you can do a lot of things, baseline is full dex sin with 8pt maelstorm, that already works on clears well.
Question is what else can you do with spare points to maximize its effectiveness.
What I think optimal build is: use beacon 1pt instead of wotg (only adds 1k avg damage maxed = weak).
Wotp isn't all that much better, ~1700 avg damage.. and costs more points. Also bad.
What definitely does add considerable amount of damage is doom, with -40% magic res, that affects all bonus damage of maelstorm + all phys->magic converted via maelstorm.
Pumping malestorm itself past 8th point, in endgame adds +2% magic bonus per point and increases mana cost. 2% out of 6000 dex is 120 damage. If you go from level 8 to 30, so add 22 points, this is 44% magic bonus already 2600 magic damage, which is better than both ways, at better skill levels efficiency. At cost of 110 mana more.
In the end all of these options arent ideal. Lot of points to increase damage by 1.5-2.5k on a build that already does let's say 7-8k physical base damage and +12k magic. It is very minor increase in relation to your total dps.

Maybe way to go would be dump ways altogether and get broadside instead?
Problem with broadside is, it is just 75% wdm with no bonus damage. Whole thing is worth like 2-3 good maelstorm throws in terms of damage.
Its sort of comparable to storm crows. Stormcrows build outputs 25 knives per throw @ 100% wdm each.
Maxed broadside will release ~75 knives @ 75% wdm. So that is worth roughly 2 stormcrows throws vs single target worth of % wdm it delivers. That is really weak compared to maelstorm.

Another idea: How about wots. 11-15k over 2.4s. Maelstorm wdm is decent, so tagging those monsters with poison will do even around 10x more damage to them than if you kept throwing with other way, such as wotp/wotg.
youtube.com/ae1337
matdoo
Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aerial wrote:This was just test of stormcrows for single target.
Verdict: it is worse than p8 maelstorm even without doom.. Not worth it.

In general at that stage you can do a lot of things, baseline is full dex sin with 8pt maelstorm, that already works on clears well.
Question is what else can you do with spare points to maximize its effectiveness.
What I think optimal build is: use beacon 1pt instead of wotg (only adds 1k avg damage maxed = weak).
Wotp isn't all that much better, ~1700 avg damage.. and costs more points. Also bad.
What definitely does add considerable amount of damage is doom, with -40% magic res, that affects all bonus damage of maelstorm + all phys->magic converted via maelstorm.
Pumping malestorm itself past 8th point, in endgame adds +2% magic bonus per point and increases mana cost. 2% out of 6000 dex is 120 damage. If you go from level 8 to 30, so add 22 points, this is 44% magic bonus already 2600 magic damage, which is better than both ways, at better skill levels efficiency. At cost of 110 mana more.
In the end all of these options arent ideal. Lot of points to increase damage by 1.5-2.5k on a build that already does let's say 7-8k physical base damage and +12k magic. It is very minor increase in relation to your total dps.

Maybe way to go would be dump ways altogether and get broadside instead?
Problem with broadside is, it is just 75% wdm with no bonus damage. Whole thing is worth like 2-3 good maelstorm throws in terms of damage.
Its sort of comparable to storm crows. Stormcrows build outputs 25 knives per throw @ 100% wdm each.
Maxed broadside will release ~75 knives @ 75% wdm. So that is worth roughly 2 stormcrows throws vs single target worth of % wdm it delivers. That is really weak compared to maelstorm.

Another idea: How about wots. 11-15k over 2.4s. Maelstorm wdm is decent, so tagging those monsters with poison will do even around 10x more damage to them than if you kept throwing with other way, such as wotp/wotg.

I'm curious about wots too.
I've using wotp/wotg but didn't felt it's any good.
It seems good for farming stuff especially with
Skull of the Viz-Jaq'taar
Skull of the Viz-Jaq'taar
Skull Cap (Sacred)

Defense: 746 to 789
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Scorpion Blade: +2 Projectiles
5% Chance to cast level 40 Scorpion Blade on Kill
+(0 to 1) to Assassin Skill Levels
-(21 to 30)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
-500 Defense
+50 to Dexterity
(11 to 20)% to Dexterity
20% Magic Find
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)
and/or
Beads of the Snake Queen
Beads of the Snake Queen
Amulet

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
4% Chance to cast level 33 Scorpion Blade on Kill
Adds 5-10 Damage
Stun Attack
+(200 to 500) Defense
(20 to 25)% to Strength
(20 to 25)% to Dexterity
+100 Life after each Kill
procs/-res maybe.
Just throw 1~2 Maelstrom and forget about remaining monsters. Not sure that dmg would be enough to do that tho.
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
main question is : can it clean fauzt efficently?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Manu300000 wrote:main question is : can it clean fauzt efficently?

made a short showcase, it can clear ok, not ultra fast, but it is alright

youtube.com/ae1337