Iron Golem & minion resistance

Discuss Median XL!
Gunner
Invader
9 | 1
Tooltip on IG says "Unaffected by minion resistances". Also says "Inherits all consumed item's properties".

So if I make a golem from an item with +minion resistances, which of these is true (can't both be true)?

Example... if the item has +25% minion resists as one of its properties, does it get the 25% or not?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
%minion resis won't affect it, he is affected by regular %resistances though, reaching 150% of an element will grant him immunity
Kotli
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Think of it like this the Golem works like a Hireling that given that item.
Gunner
Invader
9 | 1
Marco wrote:%minion resis won't affect it, he is affected by regular %resistances though, reaching 150% of an element will grant him immunity

Thanks, understood. Good to know that 'normal' item resistances work, I hadn't realised that.

Not sure I've seen any items with 150% resist to make an IG from! But I get the concept, thank you.
Kotli
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Gunner wrote:
Marco wrote:%minion resis won't affect it, he is affected by regular %resistances though, reaching 150% of an element will grant him immunity

Thanks, understood. Good to know that 'normal' item resistances work, I hadn't realised that.

Not sure I've seen any items with 150% resist to make an IG from! But I get the concept, thank you.

Well you can always dump perfect gems into an armour and MO it summing you got the gems and cash to waste.
Gunner
Invader
9 | 1
Kotli wrote:Well you can always dump perfect gems into an armour and MO it summing you got the gems and cash to waste.

Ahhh. Good point. For some reason I assumed it was only the base modifiers that would be used but if you can MO and socket, that's different. Thanks!
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Marco wrote:%minion resist won't affect it, he is affected by regular %resistances though, reaching 150% of an element will grant him immunity

I've searched for this answer online, but does elemental pierce on an iron golem work for you as the necro?

If I popped my IG out of a wizardspike with -70% enemy res, would I benefit?

I'll test it in Single Player in 2-3 hours if we don't know.
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Arionic wrote:
Marco wrote:%minion resist won't affect it, he is affected by regular %resistances though, reaching 150% of an element will grant him immunity

I've searched for this answer online, but does elemental pierce on an iron golem work for you as the necro?

If I popped my IG out of a wizardspike with -70% enemy res, would I benefit?

I'll test it in Single Player in 2-3 hours if we don't know.

Nope, this does not work.
Splargh
Grubber
321 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

sorry for necroing this thread, but does "reaching 150%" mean that the item he consumes must have 150, or that he needs to have 150% alltogether (including base res and diificulty malus)?

The latter would require the item to have 175% res, right? (+75 base res, -100 res for playing in hell difficulty)
Meddle
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Gunner wrote:So if I make a golem from an item with +minion resistances

then the minions your golem summons will have +minion resistance :mrgreen:

Splargh wrote:

sorry for necroing this thread, but does "reaching 150%" mean that the item he consumes must have 150, or that he needs to have 150% alltogether (including base res and diificulty malus)?

The latter would require the item to have 175% res, right? (+75 base res, -100 res for playing in hell difficulty)

minion resists cap at 50%. 75% from base level, -100% from resistance penalty leaves them at -25%. you need 75% from items to reach 50%