Are sets just garbage?

Discuss Median XL!
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
yes, most sets are garbage. by the time u finally found a complete set(if you didn't trade) you would find better su's already/crafted gear already
Battery
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Sets are garbage, by the time you find them, they are garbage.

They are supposes to be bridge items to let you transition from TU to SU, but you cant find them when you need them.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
not all sets are garbage. like @Battery said, they are supposed to transition you from TU's ---> Sets ---> SU.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
They just need to see some kind of rework... They wasn't really touched anyhow since they been created (not counting some nerfs). And need to have some low-lvl area where you can easy get sets but not S/SSUs. By now they're not that bad but they're still absurdly annoying to gather and you will get S/SSU/craft equip equal or almost equal to set (if not better..) alot faster.
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
RageQuit wrote:not all sets are garbage. like @Battery said, they are supposed to transition you from TU's ---> Sets ---> SU.

but for now the transition is TU's>Craft's>SU's.
Detodk
Imp
4 | 0
I personally think it could be cool if they make sets that made farming a certain area easier/faster if you collected it

Example: i play hammerzon if i Got a set that maybe gave me 200% more dps and unlocked purify and more movement speed While in Duncraig and only in duncraig

But dont know if its possible at all
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
As some people already said, they'd need to drop earlier to be useful.
Nahuatl
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
Scalewinged wrote:They just need to see some kind of rework... They wasn't really touched anyhow since they been created (not counting some nerfs). And need to have some low-lvl area where you can easy get sets but not S/SSUs. By now they're not that bad but they're still absurdly annoying to gather and you will get S/SSU/craft equip equal or almost equal to set (if not better..) alot faster.

Sigma changed base types to make most drops more frequent.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I would love if sets were level 70 gear, starting to drop in circa Act 2 Nightmare at a tangible rates.

Right now green items are signet fodder 95% of the time. Sometimes you find a good base item such as Witchhunter's Hood which is great for replacing your TU or RW. But these are few and far between. Most set items have disproportionately high requirements (strength, rarity) for their affixes. And getting a full set playing ssf isn't very feasible. By that time you will have some SU's, perhaps a great rune too. And crapload of shrines to come up with something better than sets.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I think they dont need to drop much earlier because then TUs etc. are good enough ..... they need to be better ..... my opinion