MFing in Nightmare???

Discuss Median XL!
sumiyaka
Cultist
21 | 3
Actually I looked into the guide they posted and it's a dex build, so your AR is gunna be inflated anyway. Not a lot you can do about that heh. Build looks pretty solid. You'd just have to adjust and take someone's gear setup with a grain of salt. Sometimes their final kit is "all or nothing" where the kit seems tok lock in after it all clicks. In the case you found something lacking like say life leech, you can switch in some TUs that have it. It takes a bit of work sometimes and I've learned to take everyone's guides as a starting point and an info dump. I really appreciate the time people put into them cause I'd never figure out those magic numbers, but most classes/builds in this game require a lot more balance than some people explain. (Ie: melee sorc)
Kirimaru
Cultist
22 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Farming Mesphito for Arcane Shards/Crystals
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Everything is pretty simple about farm zones:
Normal - Meph/Nih runs for Arcane crystals and/or up to Zod runes to wear full TU3-4 equip and maybe pair of rws.
Nightmare - K3KBA for early lvl100 runes, shrines, sacred bases for runewords (also a5 areas viable for it).
Hell - Whatever u want and able to farm XD

PS: Note that some of builds simply incredibly weak (looking at trap sin) and barely can do anything even in early-mid without good-to-awesome crafts/runewords/jewels. As for meleenec - i haven't seen any problems with him except for block speed with which block causing more troubles than help.
egboy
Prowler
16 | 0
Scalewinged wrote:Everything is pretty simple about farm zones:
Normal - Meph/Nih runs for Arcane crystals and/or up to Zod runes to wear full TU3-4 equip and maybe pair of rws.
Nightmare - K3KBA for early lvl100 runes, shrines, sacred bases for runewords (also a5 areas viable for it).

PS: Note that some of builds simply incredibly weak (looking at trap sin) and barely can do anything even in early-mid without good-to-awesome crafts/runewords/jewels. As for meleenec - i haven't seen any problems with him except for block speed with which block causing more troubles than help.

So I just buffed up my resistances and my lowest one is 68% everything else is 75 and up. Except for physical which is at 11% idk what else I can do to boost it. I Went to the island of the sunless sea and I die immediately. All my gear is T4 right now.
sumiyaka
Cultist
21 | 3
egboy wrote:

So I just buffed up my resistances and my lowest one is 68% everything else is 75 and up. Except for physical which is at 11% idk what else I can do to boost it. I Went to the island of the sunless sea and I die immediately. All my gear is T4 right now.

My melee sorc was the same way, but I got some levels and other charms that you can get at 105 and 110, came back and it was much more doable. Even my throwsin can get sniped by those angels that were "FIXED" to not kill you off screen but it's happened multiple times. I also stacked a bunch of stuff on an a2 merc that was a fighter/mage and it helps quite a bit with decoying in there a bit. There's a merc guide lingering in the old stuff, but it's mostly still relevant. They seem costly @ 50k a pop on death, but there's so much money in IoSS that it barely matters. I used to think it was kinda "stupid and pointless" to use them beside a melee char, but with the way some stuff mobs up on you when you are just trying to get gear, they earn their keep.
egboy
Prowler
16 | 0
sumiyaka wrote:
egboy wrote:

My melee sorc was the same way, but I got some levels and other charms that you can get at 105 and 110, came back and it was much more doable. Even my throwsin can get sniped by those angels that were "FIXED" to not kill you off screen but it's happened multiple times. I also stacked a bunch of stuff on an a2 merc that was a fighter/mage and it helps quite a bit with decoying in there a bit. There's a merc guide lingering in the old stuff, but it's mostly still relevant. They seem costly @ 50k a pop on death, but there's so much money in IoSS that it barely matters. I used to think it was kinda "stupid and pointless" to use them beside a melee char, but with the way some stuff mobs up on you when you are just trying to get gear, they earn their keep.

so I figured it out and got my defense up to 400k and now im doing much much better. but now my res is pretty low. I cant MO any more because I added the TCD MOs. is there any other way to get my res up without MOs? Im searching for better rings and amulets.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
egboy wrote:so I figured it out and got my defense up to 400k and now im doing much much better. but now my res is pretty low. I cant MO any more because I added the TCD MOs. is there any other way to get my res up without MOs? Im searching for better rings and amulets.

You can use Thai runes (if items lvl req allows), even nerfed they still grant 40 overall res, though you lose the max res of gems. Remember you can also MO rings and amus with res.
sumiyaka
Cultist
21 | 3
egboy wrote:
sumiyaka wrote:
egboy wrote:

so I figured it out and got my defense up to 400k and now im doing much much better. but now my res is pretty low. I cant MO any more because I added the TCD MOs. is there any other way to get my res up without MOs? Im searching for better rings and amulets.

With the resist charms from dungeons/rifts and putting the gems that add res if you socket them in armor or shields should be more than enough without needing too much on gear. If you still have open sockets just make sure you are picking up all perfect gems to see which ones add res per armor and the ones that can go in shields add a lot more per gem albeit without the % bonus. Make sure you did Anya's Frozen River quest and got all the res scrolls from each difficulty to add to your class charm. I had 10% from that in Hell I didn't get for a while. You can also make jewels that have a bit of res on them if you are just trying to craft them and need slot fillers until you find gems. They work in a pinch if all else.

One thing I neglected a bit too.... You can always use an Oil of Disjunction + your T4 armor and unsocket the gems/runes and add more res in those sockets. I play "Resist Tetris" quite frequently until gear stabilizes (if ever). Some of the charms will have a good % or 20-30 res, so I end up taking a gem out and replacing it with another or some hard stats for damage.
ticktick
Sasquatch
64 | 9
egboy wrote:
sumiyaka wrote:
egboy wrote:

perfect gems in your armor and shield