Make Mercenaries only die when you die

Discuss Median XL!
Akak_
Pit Knight
109 | 0
tranvanhieu wrote:Bad suggestion. Mers is there to help you sometimes, not to carry you through the game.

think about diablo III mercenaries and their items (or was it another game) u could equip an item or one of three and make them never dying

edit: it was there, and it hasn't broke balance
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Akak_ wrote:
tranvanhieu wrote:Bad suggestion. Mers is there to help you sometimes, not to carry you through the game.

think about diablo III mercenaries and their items (or was it another game) u could equip an item or one of three and make them never dying

edit: it was there, and it hasn't broke balance

Yeah, and they are pretty useless, damage-wise, they are ust there to grant you buffs. Mercs in MXL can do really decent dmg.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Primarch wrote:I remember reading that they received “heroic XXXX” that granted them a ridiculous amount of life regen based on STR.... Could it be that people are making things up on the internet again?

They do, but it won't save them since they already regen super fast no matter if you stack STR or not. it's burst damage you need to worry about: as others said life, defence and DR will help. merc needs more than one layer of survivability, just like your character does.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
A better idea would be auto-resurrection after 60 seconds. Saves you the trouble of wasting gold and porting back and forth, then porting to some trivial area for his aura to trigger. Completely invincible is kinda exploitative, as you can make him face tank anything and eventually kill anything.
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
dont make the game easier please.
Akak_
Pit Knight
109 | 0
Conquest wrote:A better idea would be auto-resurrection after 60 seconds. Saves you the trouble.

+1
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
If it was that easy it would've been done before. Good job blizzard.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
OlDirty
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is there a way to perhaps have a spell that resurrects your allies? Could make an expensive type Xis runeword or unique allowing the resurrection of allies and then perhaps one could bring back mercy and iron golems?