Wyrd Oskill

Discuss Median XL!
BearCares
Prowler
19 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I'm new. And I'm still using Ultimatum. I'm wondering is Wyrd considered a summoning skill? An Attack? Is weapon damage converted to Spell Damage or does it leech and proc on striking effects? Thank you
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
It is a WDM skill, so yes... It will leech and trigger on striking procs
BearCares
Prowler
19 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
It's skill description says you bring an apparition into the field that deals damage. So does that count as a summoning spell? ;)

I'm thinking with my Path of Exile brain. You'd be surprised at how important it is to split hairs in that game so that's what I'm doing here. :lol:

I also have a question about the Barbarian's double damage stance. If I cast Wyrd and then switch to the double damage stance will the currently in use Wyrd's double in damage? Or do they retain their original damage?
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Oh I see... Well in this game summons will always last until they are killed or if a large amount of time has passed. In this case, the skill only summons the skill animation for a short time while it damages enemies, so it isn't a true summoning skill and wont be affected by summoned minion stats. I believe it updates damage on each nova, so switching stances and weapons should also increase its damage.
BearCares
Prowler
19 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Thanks for the info. And finally just to be sure +% spell damage or +% damage type still effect it?
Meddle
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Spell damage only works for spells and direct melee swings. If you use d2stats you can check your total base weapon damage, all wdm skills will do a fraction of that damage.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
BearCares wrote:Thanks for the info. And finally just to be sure +% spell damage or +% damage type still effect it?

Since the skill deals Weapon Damage (based on your equipped weapon) and not spell damage, it will not be effected by any spell damage increases.
BearCares
Prowler
19 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Thanks all. Barbarian feels really strong. But I took a peek at the stats from last season and Assassin was really unpopular. Challenge accepted!
BearCares
Prowler
19 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Another question. The 'Target takes additional damage' mod applies to Wyrd? So if I hit with Wyrd, the mod applies bonus damage and then all other sources will then also get the benefit of bonus damage since Wyrd has made the entire area its Target?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ttad only applies for direct melee hits . does not work for wyrd