Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
RealPandemonium wrote:https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php/Whirlwind
This page helps to explain some of the more esoteric mechanics of WW. Apparently WW can also proc in sigma, unlike clod. I was thinking of making a classic "baba" using Windform as a direct damage tool by dual-wielding two-handed swords; maybe I'll get around to it eventually and post my results here.

When it comes to procs with WW/Windform, the maul just seems like a huge joke. I've tried it on barbs, amazons, pallies, etc.

A similar item for comparison would be azurewrath. Both Jholm and Azurewrath benefit from boosting stats. Azurewrath benefits from pure vita, Johlm benefits from any stat across the board. Azurewrath procs ALOT more than Jholm. It's also ALOT rarer of an item.

The proc chance for both of procs on the
Hammer of Jholm
Hammer of Jholm
Great Maul (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 76 to 89
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
While Using Windform:
Adds 3 - 5 Fire Damage per 20 Attributes
Adds 3 - 5 Lightning Damage per 20 Attributes
+200% to Fire and Lightning Spell Damage
-1% to Enemy Fire and Lightning Resists per 60 Attributes
15% Chance to cast level 60 Nova on Melee Attack
15% Chance to cast level 63 Apocalypse on Melee Attack
120% Attack Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+20 to Windform
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
are 15% each. When they proc, they are pretty powerful, but it's rare when you factor in the chance to hit and chance to proc. The spell damage boost from stats can be impressive if you can get a d2 stats read off during a ww. You still don't kill much though, nor do you have a shield for block or defensives.

The proc chance for frozen orb on
Azurewrath
Azurewrath
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 130
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
100% of Vitality Added as Cold Damage to Weapon
Max Life gained per point of Vitality reduced by 0.9
You Cannot Deal Fire, Lightning or Poison Damage
40% Chance to cast level 30 Azure Orb on Melee Attack
Adds 160-250 Cold Damage
-100% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+2 to Remorseless Winter
Slow Target 25%
Maximum Cold Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
100% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
is 25%. You boost vitality, and with Ohm'd crafted vita gear, I can reacher over 10k vita. That translates into a TON of cold damage on hit and coupled with the 100% pierce, is gg as well. Pierce my still be bugged on the Hammer. Plus, 10k vita has me sitting at about 70k HP. ( I think 81k was the highest I reached if I remove + cold gear.) I can also use a shield and spec runemaster for good defensives.

The frozen orb procs mow things down, and go off non stop at 25% chance to proc, even though i'm probably hitting enemies at the same rate as I would with the hammer. If you had a second Azurewrath, things proc more and you reach 200% cold pierce.

Throw on Boarfrost or the Snowstorm shield instead for icebolts out the ass.

I have the saved char file for SP if anyone wants to theorycraft or just have fun with it.