Lionstance Barb

Discuss Median XL!
Kogler1990
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Is it worth going Lionstance without that SU wich makes it not go -phys res? :?:
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
it depends on what build you play and at which level you can put it on soonest . there are plenty of valid lion stance builds out there . some need that helm , some don't
Kogler1990
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
wanna do throw barb with maelstrom tu knife...levled with it as elemental dmg but that sucks since hell because no pierceI guess
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kogler1990 wrote:wanna do throw barb with maelstrom tu knife...levled with it as elemental dmg but that sucks since hell because no pierceI guess

I am starting this season with my first go at a throw barb so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. My understanding is that you should not be taking too many hits in the later game as you would be attacking from a distance and could navigate around / kite enemies as needed if not killing them outright from a distance. That said the penalty of additional damage taken should be irrelevant.

Now if you are still working on gearing/progressing then I'd expect you are naturally taking more hits due to not being able to kill things and navigate around incoming damage fast enough. So if this is the situation you fall into, my thoughts would be to either try wolf stance, kraken stance (you mention using elemental damage) or if you have read the Overkill throw Barb guide: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30783 it talks about how you want to run Runemaster for high defense and low chance to be hit thus minimizing the negative effect of lion stance.

Hopefully something here is helpful to you. Good luck with your barb!