D2Stats 3.11.1

Discuss Median XL!
caincake
Stone Warrior
31 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Has anyone had any success getting drop notifier and filter to work correctly on wine? Filter doesn't work at all for me and notifier notifies that an Ith rune has dropped regardless of item.

The fixes suggested here aren't helping.
PaintedDots
Destroyer
7 | 0
Darthaghar wrote:
Kyromyr wrote:
Darthaghar wrote:
annihilus5 wrote:
► Show Spoiler

okay I have absolutely no idea what I am doing....
► Show Spoiler
Why the heck is only the emerald code working but EVERYTHING else is as if the other items don't even exist ! I have tested this countless times in game and it just refuses to qwoperate !

All tiered/sacred equipment is caught by the if (_MemoryRead($base + 0x84, $d2handle)) then statement. Try placing your conditions at the start of the if/elseif chain, rather than in the middle.

so I learned how to match by item name but is there a way for me to specify what "rarity" ? like what color the item matches ? like I am guessing = StringInStr($name, "(Sacred)", 3) ? "sacred" : "tiered" the 3 might be for what type of item it is? like white grey blue yellow or unique :? or am I bs-ing myself ? Or is there a way to fix this behavior... right now when I specify a certain item it always shows its name as one color (yellowish orange) the color of crafted items is there a way for it to show exactly what color the item is just like how uniques show as their own color and shrines etc..

I'm not going to go into deep detail here but to start you off, start looking around this area:
$quality = _MemoryRead($data + 0x0, $d2handle)

if ($quality == 5) then
$notify = GetGUIOption("notify-set")
$clr = 2 ; Green
elseif ($quality == 7 or ($group <> "tiered" and $group <> "sacred")) then
$notify = GetGUIOption("notify-" & $group)
$clr = $quality == 7 ? 4 : $clr ; Gold or Orange
else
$notify = 0
endif

Quality table (if memory serves correctly) is as such:
► Show Spoiler

As for colors (or the $clr part of his code)
► Show Spoiler

That should be more than enough for you to make the edits you desire.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
what do i use to edit the source code?

thanks.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
annoying cat wrote:what do i use to edit the source code?

thanks.

Notepad is fine.

But you can use any text editing tool you want. If you want, you can use the editor thats provided with AutoIt (it can easily compile the code, instead of using the "normal" compiler).
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
annoying cat wrote:what do i use to edit the source code?

thanks.

annoying cat,

It's frustrating isn't it? I've been trying for WEEKS to get a step by step on editing the dropfilter myself and have spent many hours just trying to turn the original source code, without any edits, into a .dll file to no avail. VS gives me errors saying that a file is missing when I try to actually build the .dll, but I've downloaded the entire source code, so everything SHOULD be there. I can open this or that file with Notepad++, but what good does it do me to tinker with the source code files, if the programs I use can't even make a .dll file out of the original unchanged files?

Everyone says "use this program" or "this program works great" but what most of us need is a 1. 2. 3. on how to get it to compile the .dll. It wouldn't take more than 15 minutes I'd think.
1. First, Dowload the full Dropfilter source code. (I've done this)
1. Download "THIS" program to work with the source code, to make the dropfilter.dll (I've done this with different programs. VS, Autoit)
2. THIS file in the source code files is the one that excludes items, and THIS file in the source code files INCLUDES items. Don't mess with the rest of the files. (I've opened pretty much every file inside of Notepad++, and other editors, and looked around. NOT totally cryptic, I think I can make edits here no problem)
3. Now, click "Here" in the ".dll building program" and tell it to "build .dll" This is where I get the hang-up. I can't seem to get a program to make a .dll file, without errors, WITHOUT doing anything to the original source code.

I have tried doing research into VS online, but making the dropfilter.dll file is a VERY specific use and all the online documentation tells you how to do other things with Virtual Studio.

(I DO want to say that I and others have gotten some help along these lines. (THANK YOU Kyromyr!!) I want to thank everyone that has posted suggestions in this and other threads. What I'm trying to say here, is that if just one person would make a unique thread, with the procedures for making edits to the dropfilter.dll, what to use to do edits, and then how to compile the .dll itself, then many people wouldn't ask so many questions, then give up trying after they hit a few road-blocks.) I bet the creator of that thread would get lots of cookies! I guarantee, that if I figure this out, I WILL make the 'edit the dropfilter' post to help out everyone else on here! Booya!
fbkkrieger
Jungle Hunter
27 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hi =)

so first of all i am not a developer i just work in IT and many years ago i had to learn to code so don't judge the following by any coding standards thx. :mrgreen:

I managed to edit the drop filter and also the notifier and i wan't to share what i found out and how i did it. I am using Visual Studio community edition and i installed the following components https://i.imgur.com/StUJ3Xh.png i think you won't need all of them but well it worked and i am not going to find out which specific i need =).

After the installation open this file DropFilter.vcxproj with Visaul Studio
then do this steps https://i.imgur.com/sgWqeTq.png
after that https://i.imgur.com/BU4YEnj.png open D2DropFilter.cpp in Visual Studio and edit it accordingly and after you finished and save hit the green play arrow and it should compile your dll a message box pops out which states an error that can't start the dll bla bla but its ok.
The new dll should be in the directory.

I don't have time right now to explain more but if you want i can do it when i am back.
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
fbkkrieger wrote:Hi =)

so first of all i am not a developer i just work in IT and many years ago i had to learn to code so don't judge the following by any coding standards thx. :mrgreen:

I managed to edit the drop filter and also the notifier and i wan't to share what i found out and how i did it. I am using Visual Studio community edition and i installed the following components https://i.imgur.com/StUJ3Xh.png i think you won't need all of them but well it worked and i am not going to find out which specific i need =).

After the installation open this file DropFilter.vcxproj with Visaul Studio
then do this steps https://i.imgur.com/sgWqeTq.png
after that https://i.imgur.com/BU4YEnj.png open D2DropFilter.cpp in Visual Studio and edit it accordingly and after you finished and save hit the green play arrow and it should compile your dll a message box pops out which states an error that can't start the dll bla bla but its ok.
The new dll should be in the directory.

I don't have time right now to explain more but if you want i can do it when i am back.

DUDE!!! Thanks fbkkrieger! I'll be putting your directions into effect and give it a go! If it all works correctly, I'll be making a fresh thread and filling in any details that I might find along the way. Plus, the drop filter will then have its OWN thread, and we won't keep contaminating the D2STATS thread.

How do I send a cookie, or thumbs up or whatever plz?
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
you have to have a cookie to be able to give cookies to people. you can only give one per day.

I gave you one, so you can go ahead and give one to him (top right of a post, green/red thumbs, aka "cookies")
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
Quirinus wrote:you have to have a cookie to be able to give cookies to people. you can only give one per day.

I gave you one, so you can go ahead and give one to him (top right of a post, green/red thumbs, aka "cookies")

Cookie passed on, thanks!
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
Ok, I got farther along than previously, but I still got few errors, and no .dll file in the directory after.

After doing the steps at : https://i.imgur.com/sgWqeTq.png

I click close on that final box.

At the top of the page, it is set on Dll, instead of Debug:

So, after looking more carefully at your image : https://i.imgur.com/BU4YEnj.png I see that it needs to be switched back to Debug. After that, SUCCESS!!

I will be rummaging around and figuring out what is what. Once I understand it better, I'll start a thread so people can discuss more. Again, thanks so much for taking the time to show a step by step process to put it all together!