D2Stats 3.11.1

Discuss Median XL!
PaMxl
Stone Warrior
34 | 3
John_McSayer wrote:
PaMxl wrote:
syndrome wrote:A solution for "Failed too many times in a row. Check log for details. Closing D2Stats..." error is here

Can someone confirm this? I get "sigma-loader.exe is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous." error after downloading the file.

Uh, yeah? What do you expect from a file for an obscure mod ran on an obscure platform? Looked through the source code, looks legit.

I am writing to confirm that the above solution fixed the "Failed to many times in a row" problem I described here. I have compiled the source code from GitHub using Lazarus IDE as suggested and copied into the Diablo 2 folder. It worked!!!

@John_McSayer Thank you ever so much!

EDIT:

The only problem is that DropFilter cannot be injected into the game. The error message says "Couldn't find DropFilter.dll. Make sure it's in the same folder as D2Stats.exe." even though the .dll file is there.
syndrome
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
PaMxl wrote:The only problem is that DropFilter cannot be injected into the game. The error message says "Couldn't find DropFilter.dll. Make sure it's in the same folder as D2Stats.exe." even though the .dll file is there.

This is strange. DropFilter.dll works for me.
1) Do you launch D2Stats.exe as admin?
2) Could you paste here full path to your D2Stats.exe and DropFilter.Dll?
John_McSayer
Cultist
20 | 1
PaMxl wrote:
John_McSayer wrote:
PaMxl wrote:
syndrome wrote:A solution for "Failed too many times in a row. Check log for details. Closing D2Stats..." error is here

Can someone confirm this? I get "sigma-loader.exe is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous." error after downloading the file.

Uh, yeah? What do you expect from a file for an obscure mod ran on an obscure platform? Looked through the source code, looks legit.

I am writing to confirm that the above solution fixed the "Failed to many times in a row" problem I described here. I have compiled the source code from GitHub using Lazarus IDE as suggested and copied into the Diablo 2 folder. It worked!!!

@John_McSayer Thank you ever so much!

EDIT:

The only problem is that DropFilter cannot be injected into the game. The error message says "Couldn't find DropFilter.dll. Make sure it's in the same folder as D2Stats.exe." even though the .dll file is there.

The filter works perfectly here, although it does make MXL drop fps quite a bit. Not like terribly, unplayable and constant quite a bit, but it's definitely noticable. There are two D2stats icons on the tray and there are three wine instances with just MXL and D2stats turned on, if that gives you any clues.
syndrome
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
John_McSayer wrote:The filter works perfectly here, although it does make MXL drop fps quite a bit. Not like terribly, unplayable and constant quite a bit, but it's definitely noticable. There are two D2stats icons on the tray and there are three wine instances with just MXL and D2stats turned on, if that gives you any clues.

I have one d2stats tray icon and one wineserver process displayed in htop.
John_McSayer
Cultist
20 | 1
syndrome wrote:
John_McSayer wrote:The filter works perfectly here, although it does make MXL drop fps quite a bit. Not like terribly, unplayable and constant quite a bit, but it's definitely noticable. There are two D2stats icons on the tray and there are three wine instances with just MXL and D2stats turned on, if that gives you any clues.

I have one d2stats tray icon and one wineserver process displayed in htop.

Alright, all of a sudden it's not there anymore, weird.
PaMxl
Stone Warrior
34 | 3
syndrome wrote:
PaMxl wrote:The only problem is that DropFilter cannot be injected into the game. The error message says "Couldn't find DropFilter.dll. Make sure it's in the same folder as D2Stats.exe." even though the .dll file is there.

This is strange. DropFilter.dll works for me.
1) Do you launch D2Stats.exe as admin?
2) Could you paste here full path to your D2Stats.exe and DropFilter.Dll?

1) I launch D2Stats.exe using Elevated User Rights, which had worked for me in the past
2) Path = "C:\my\Download\D2Stats-3.11.0", D2Stats.exe and DropFilter.Dll are inside
syndrome
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
PaMxl maybe using broken shortcut? Try launching D2Stats.exe directly. I think D2Stats.exe is looking for DropFilter.Dll in "current working directory". If that directory is not set correctly - it will not find it.

As temporal solution you can copy DropFilter.Dll to "C:\Windows\System32\" and "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\" and check if DropFilter works. Any application should find Dlls located in these directories.
PaMxl
Stone Warrior
34 | 3
I launch D2Stats directly through the .exe file. DropFilter is not that essential and I can pleasantly play as reading stats and notifier are working perfectly. Unfortunately, I do not have permissions to copy anything in the Windows directory.
syndrome
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
PaMxl wrote:reading stats and notifier are working perfectly

So, if notifier works without DropFilter.Dll i think everything is ok.
filthysnizz
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
=can anyone send me a pic or guide of how to make the program show when depeleted rift stones drop
I did it once but had to reinstall and cant get working again :((
thx heaps