Discuss Median XL!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I didn't know there was a new version - never saw any announcement or anything. I've been using the old 1.8 version without any problems (so far).
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jitan, Come On wrote:He is talking about gold piles on the ground, about hiding them. Not GUI notifications

If you mean he doesn't want to see the yellow stuff on the ground in-game, I think that's very unlikely to be what he means. Why bother to do that? Why would he even expect that to be possible?
Jitan, Come On
Pit Knight
115 | 7
Captcha wrote:
Jitan, Come On wrote:He is talking about gold piles on the ground, about hiding them. Not GUI notifications

If you mean he doesn't want to see the yellow stuff on the ground in-game, I think that's very unlikely to be what he means. Why bother to do that? Why would he even expect that to be possible?

You can alredy do that, add to filter Hide "Gold" and you've hidden gold piles.
Now the question is what else its gonna hide. According to my research, nothing, if put at the bottom of the filter.
Marrt
Djinn
510 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Jitan, Come On wrote:
Captcha wrote:

Now the question is what else its gonna hide. According to my research, nothing, if put at the bottom of the filter.

Don't know what else would contain gold but.. hide "^Gold$" is going to hide only things that start and end with Gold, so only gold.
Jitan, Come On
Pit Knight
115 | 7
Marrt wrote:
Jitan, Come On wrote:
Captcha wrote:

Don't know what else would contain gold but.. hide "^Gold$" is going to hide only things that start and end with Gold, so only gold.

There is GOLDen cycle for one. But yeah, nothing else comes to my mind. Thanks for imporved regex.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I find it quite amusing to see how people base their ideas on assumptions.

Anyway, I just want to hide the '1314 Gold' that you see when pressing alt, for any amount of gold. I don't mind seeing gold piles, how the hell would you even think I want to hide the gold piles..?

Also, in my original question I already said that I could simply say 'hide "Gold"' but I noticed it hides Fools Gold, and I sure don't want to miss out on a Golden Cycle drop in Triune. So I removed it when I started farming Triune.

The issue is just that in some areas so much gold drops that I am unable to see all the drops. I have it happen in Fauzt that gold piles are pushing away all the other item labels. During farming it's a nuisance and I am just looking for a way to hide the label you see on-screen :)

I'll give Marrt's solution a try, as that is what I was looking for :clap: thanks a bunch!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Not sure why that's a problem. Either:

1. Run over the gold and hoover it up or better still...

2. Ignore it and trust your d2stats notifier to tell you of any interesting drops.

That's the whole point of the notifier - you shouldn't have to look at everything that drops.
Jitan, Come On
Pit Knight
115 | 7
Do you have your tiered items hidden? Same with gold piles.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Captcha wrote:Not sure why that's a problem. Either:

1. Run over the gold and hoover it up or better still...

2. Ignore it and trust your d2stats notifier to tell you of any interesting drops.

That's the whole point of the notifier - you shouldn't have to look at everything that drops.

I don't understand your persistence. I need this function because my char is full of money and it's not picking it up so it clutters my screen. I always want to see what's dropping because sometimes I see an item and think 'hey that might come in handy'. Even though I have a lengthy settings list, not everything is on it. Anyway, why am I even explaining how I personally use this piece of software. I just want to hide the amount of gold each time I press alt, you can use it the way you want, but this is my way. :coolstorybob:

Marrt's solution does this perfectly so I'm quite happy with the way things are going right now :)
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
And I don't understand your attitude. You ask an unclear question, then complain about the answers. I'll leave you to it.