Immortal Mobs

Discuss Median XL!
pedroboffa
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi,

I am quite new in this game, i have a character lvl 125 and i am loving it.
I am just kind of sad because i really does not understand why the creator of median xl created mobs with immortal status.
This does not make sense at all.. why should i equip and farm to go to maps that i need to kill a boss that has immortal mobs..really.

I hope one day the creators invent other kind of mobs and not immortal.
I am playing with 5 friends and we are thinking in leave the game just because we cant do some quests alone or even together as there are 1000000000000 mobs and all of them immortal.

You start doing lvl 105..110..115 charms and think this is ok.. i can do it.. and after that is almost impossible.. and is a thing that u need to die 50000 times.. why is that so hard or almost impossible that u always need to ask a lvl 140 to do it an even tho the guy almost cant do it.

Thank you for reading this.
Zandskel
Prowler
17 | 0
?
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
What?

Immortal mobs are presented in some ubers simply because that uber has a different approach to completing it. For example ureh has immortal zombies that chases you and the goal is to run past them and rush to the boss. Every uber has its own mechanic and it gives each boss a unique feel. If you hate immortal mobs so much then you might consider just not doing them?
pedroboffa
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I am sorry for my approach.
I am newbie and i just want to understand what is the meaning of getting a bunch of items and farming in order to try to kill some immortal mobs.
For exemple there isn uber that has a lot of bow zons and u need to summon a barbarian in order to make them not immortals.
I tried like 1000 times. and i could kill just a few as the barbarian die even before they turn the zons into unimmortals.
I wasted like 3h to get nothing.
I just would like to understand if the game was ment not to be fair or i am really a trash.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
pedroboffa wrote:I am sorry for my approach.
I am newbie and i just want to understand what is the meaning of getting a bunch of items and farming in order to try to kill some immortal mobs.
For exemple there isn uber that has a lot of bow zons and u need to summon a barbarian in order to make them not immortals.
I tried like 1000 times. and i could kill just a few as the barbarian die even before they turn the zons into unimmortals.
I wasted like 3h to get nothing.
I just would like to understand if the game was ment not to be fair or i am really a trash.

That particular uber is really hard, it needs patience to aggro one-by-one.

Also Toraja works like that lore-wise. City is destroyed by Lucion forces when clash with Uldyssian, thus the ruins when you first enter Toraja. And you go to past where the forces are still there, and you aren't part of it so your Edyrem which is on Uldyssian side are the only one can harm Lucion's force.

You can always check boss documentation as there are bosses which you can only kill with specific item.
pedroboffa
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I see.. anyways thanks tho..
I was just trying to put it out.. as i am lvl 125 but i am stuck in the game.. as the game does not allow me to go forward..
I just need to farm farm farm farm.. and maybe in 1 month get some gear to keep dying.
I say again. I asked a guy lvl 140 to do an uber for me and even after 10 times he was not able to..
So i think isnt the creators puting so much power into those ubers? would not be better to make the game more playable.
Until 120 is amazing.. the game flows.. after that you get stuck and maybe will be stuck for ever.
Why in a game you need to die 100000000000000000 times and even tho you cant do it.
You can blame me, by i bet you i am right.
You also have resists..
i have almost 80 in the left side and even tho ubers kill me with 1 hit..
so why resists even exist in the first place?
years of this game and no one has notice that is a huge problem?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
125+ is supposed to be hard. It's at this point where individual build capabilities start to shine. You should be farming rifts that are suited for your build, as well as building your char in favor of the rift which you decide to farm.

In case of toraja, this is a rift where summoner builds thrive. Generally speaking if you don't want to invest into summons, you should stick to completing the quest for the charm and move on. The best way to do this is to go around the bottom side of the map, clear the bottom corner, lure lilith into clear open zone and kill.
pedroboffa
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I see. thanks again for the answer.
I just want to know if i am not wasting my time.
I am a neutral paly with 20k damage total with my 2 spells that hit automatically.
I know i dont have final gear yet.
But is it possible to do all ubers with final gear?
Because if it is not I dont understand why whould in the first place ubers exist if they are not ment to be done by all classes.
The only places I can farm is k3k and duncrain. THe rest I die too much so the effort and time dont worth it.
I dont even know how I am going to farm some rune words as the map that I can do it with those tribal monsters shooting balls kill me very fast even If i do great damage.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
pedroboffa wrote:I see.. anyways thanks tho..
I was just trying to put it out.. as i am lvl 125 but i am stuck in the game.. as the game does not allow me to go forward..
I just need to farm farm farm farm.. and maybe in 1 month get some gear to keep dying.
I say again. I asked a guy lvl 140 to do an uber for me and even after 10 times he was not able to..
So i think isnt the creators puting so much power into those ubers? would not be better to make the game more playable.
Until 120 is amazing.. the game flows.. after that you get stuck and maybe will be stuck for ever.
Why in a game you need to die 100000000000000000 times and even tho you cant do it.
You can blame me, by i bet you i am right.
You also have resists..
i have almost 80 in the left side and even tho ubers kill me with 1 hit..
so why resists even exist in the first place?
years of this game and no one has notice that is a huge problem?

I used to have the same mentality years ago until I started following build guides and learning more about game mechanics. Resists aren’t enough. You also have to take into account other mitigation factors such as block, avoid, armor, and general fight mechanics that you need to learn to look out for. Yes, at the end of the day, sometimes certain classes/builds suck for certain fights but sometimes there are work arounds. And Toraja is more than doable with a non-summoner build but you should just follow Marco’s advice by kiting small groups at a time so that your Edyrems last just long enough to take out their heroic shield.
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
^ Neutraldin also has access to 5 hoplites who are decently tanky in Toraja. Pull back, resummon your edyrems and hoplites, then tp on a small group or a single target using Divine Apparition. Each jump usually kills 1-2 enemies at least. Heal with SA and Vindicate. Neutraldin doesn't have much defense so don't aggro a big group. Retreat if overwhelmed. Rinse and repeat.

Don't forget that you can also spam edyrems/hoplites behind or in the middle of a group to break their ranks.

It's an annoying uber, but I mean... it's an uber. It gets easier as you learn how to move around properly. Most builds can't do all ubers so don't be discouraged. Feel free to ask for advice, either here or on discord.