Unholy Melee

Discuss Median XL!
Yeshua
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
So I just completed Malthael's Set and respec'd from Holy to Unholy Melee. I have a few questions:

- Which stat do I need to max? Is it still STR/DEX since I'm hitting the enemy? Or ENERGY?
- Does my damage increase based on ENERGY? Or STR? The skills for Unholy are Spell Based... I'm a newbie so I'm not really sure about this.

Thanks in advance!
Zodnuck
Prowler
15 | 1
A lot depends on the build. The easier question to answer is that if you're using the weapon with melee attacks (Malthael's Wrath
Holy Lance), your strength increases the damage put out by it. Which stat to raise depends on how you play the class. For example, if you were using terror strike to kill enemies, Strength would boot its damage. If you're using Lazer beams as the damage dealer, Energy would boost its damage and might be worth looking into. If you're building a survival mode pally that keeps Tainted Blood and Vindicate up at all times, Vitality would boost the amount healed per time.
There could be other builds for dexterity but generally, if you're not using a shield and your weapon isn't boosted by dexterity, I would never raise it any higher than necessary to hit opponents.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Unholy Melee is a spell-based build. Blood Thorns and Lemures both say on the skill icon description "Spell" and in the tree something like "Bonus Damage from Energy: xx%"
nodoubt0322
Rust Claw
89 | 10
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
In my opinion, UHM is designed to invest all status to vit because the superbeast's FHR is really really slow.
200% FHR still took you 7 frame time to recover.
And you need ar% to make life/mana and spell ctc on attack to work.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yeshua wrote:respec'd from Holy to Unholy Melee.

Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Unholy Melee is not really used mostly because it requires a lot more investment (generally it sucks) to make it work in comparison to the other Paladin builds. If you really want to it can work albeit slow and challenging. imo it needs a rework/rebalance but what do I know.
Yeshua
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Ekital wrote:
Yeshua wrote:respec'd from Holy to Unholy Melee.

I'm too noob to farm in fauzt using holy melee... But when I respec'd to unholy melee, I got smoother run.. :(
Yeshua
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Khamul wrote:Unholy Melee is not really used mostly because it requires a lot more investment (generally it sucks) to make it work in comparison to the other Paladin builds. If you really want to it can work albeit slow and challenging. imo it needs a rework/rebalance but what do I know.

I am planning on doing Unholy Caster Mind Flay once I completed my imperius Set. Let the minion and merc tank for me and I'll spam the hell out of them XD