Closed

Discuss Median XL!
User avatar
TgTalcon
Lava Lord
92 | 22
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
No longer doing the podcast, as a handful of individuals would rather attack people who are trying to help the community, than to help the community grow.
Edited by TgTalcon 8 months.
User avatar
Ekital
Cog
230 | -1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yeah we seriously need this. There's no community involvement at all in median at least that's what I feel.
User avatar
Marco
Team Member
1864 | 1179
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
idea is good, I like it :)

Please do a "build tier list" podcast. Tier lists are so fun to watch :mjump:
User avatar
TgTalcon
Lava Lord
92 | 22
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:idea is good, I like it :)

Please do a "build tier list" podcast. Tier lists are so fun to watch :mjump:


It wouldn't be too hard to put together something like that as the ladder goes on. Like current ladder MM zon is clearly SSS tier, i'd say xbow necro, neutraldin, maelsin, are close contenders to it. But yeah, making a tier list would be fun especially if oskill builds take off in future patches, and we get over 50+ builds to breakdown.
User avatar
Scalewinged
Mahasattva
942 | 31
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
TgTalcon wrote:
Marco wrote:idea is good, I like it :)

Please do a "build tier list" podcast. Tier lists are so fun to watch :mjump:


It wouldn't be too hard to put together something like that as the ladder goes on. Like current ladder MM zon is clearly SSS tier, i'd say xbow necro, neutraldin, maelsin, are close contenders to it. But yeah, making a tier list would be fun especially if oskill builds take off in future patches, and we get over 50+ builds to breakdown.


Oh plees.... maelstorm ssin is not that powerful (same for neutraldin - with no good crafts he feels like weak, starts sinkin' even on early NM). It's only great if you have some skill (as any other ssin, except trap - she's really need some kind of.... buff)
nodoubt0322
Sasquatch
68 | 5
I had a low level(lv102) maelstorm sin with tu t4 weapon , tu t2 diadem , 2 honorific and grabage rare items who passed nightmare. The maelstorm sin is strong. But it is really hard for assassin in hardcore. My claw shield assassin with 74% chance to block still dies in sunless island . Really sad.
User avatar
Ekital
Cog
230 | -1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Scalewinged wrote:Oh plees.... maelstorm ssin is not that powerful (same for neutraldin - with no good crafts he feels like weak, starts sinkin' even on early NM). It's only great if you have some skill (as any other ssin, except trap - she's really need some kind of.... buff)


Neutraldin is far from weak, just make a bear stance shield (Bear stance makes you ignore physical resistance of undeads - aka ez k3k farm on hell) by farming a few shrines in K3K on NM and you can steamroll through content. Then craft your eerie/enchanted gear once you get to K3K hell and after that you can start farming duncraig. I am not even going to get into how strong neutraldin can get with large investements however the main point is that you can do 3 minute duncraig runs with just basic crafted gear that anyone can afford to make.

Maelstrom sin is extremely powerful as well due to the way it's damage scaling works. Because maelstrom scales off of Total Dexterity, you just have to stack dex.Due to scaling damage off of dex it is also very easy to reach block cap which means you can solve or at least mitigate your squishiness issues that assassins suffer from. Tiefling form gives you a huge buff to dexterity and the gear for throwsin is very easy to craft/get. In the end you can get a character that can clear an entire screen of enemies with one throw with the proper gear as well as having max block, 50 DR and 350-450 flat phys/ele reduction making you decently tanky. On the other hand other assassin specs are suffering greatly from some of the changes (CC changes, Removal of Knockback on Hades Gate etc).
User avatar
TgTalcon
Lava Lord
92 | 22
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This right here is why I wish to do a podcast, as people can easily have a more open forum to debate what's good and bad, rather than just a post here and a post there.
User avatar
Scalewinged
Mahasattva
942 | 31
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ekital wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:Oh plees.... maelstorm ssin is not that powerful (same for neutraldin - with no good crafts he feels like weak, starts sinkin' even on early NM). It's only great if you have some skill (as any other ssin, except trap - she's really need some kind of.... buff)


Neutraldin is far from weak, just make a bear stance shield (Bear stance makes you ignore physical resistance of undeads - aka ez k3k farm on hell) by farming a few shrines in K3K on NM and you can steamroll through content. Then craft your eerie/enchanted gear once you get to K3K hell and after that you can start farming duncraig. I am not even going to get into how strong neutraldin can get with large investements however the main point is that you can do 3 minute duncraig runs with just basic crafted gear that anyone can afford to make.

Maelstrom sin is extremely powerful as well due to the way it's damage scaling works. Because maelstrom scales off of Total Dexterity, you just have to stack dex.Due to scaling damage off of dex it is also very easy to reach block cap which means you can solve or at least mitigate your squishiness issues that assassins suffer from. Tiefling form gives you a huge buff to dexterity and the gear for throwsin is very easy to craft/get. In the end you can get a character that can clear an entire screen of enemies with one throw with the proper gear as well as having max block, 50 DR and 350-450 flat phys/ele reduction making you decently tanky. On the other hand other assassin specs are suffering greatly from some of the changes (CC changes, Removal of Knockback on Hades Gate etc).


Uh.... did you played them from zero to hero without trade/twink/etc.? They not even close that strong as, for example, summbarb or.... well, any barb or in case of pal - holy melee. Even melee necr in TU/early rw will ez override both of them.
User avatar
TgTalcon
Lava Lord
92 | 22
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Scalewinged wrote:
Ekital wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:Oh plees.... maelstorm ssin is not that powerful (same for neutraldin - with no good crafts he feels like weak, starts sinkin' even on early NM). It's only great if you have some skill (as any other ssin, except trap - she's really need some kind of.... buff)


Neutraldin is far from weak, just make a bear stance shield (Bear stance makes you ignore physical resistance of undeads - aka ez k3k farm on hell) by farming a few shrines in K3K on NM and you can steamroll through content. Then craft your eerie/enchanted gear once you get to K3K hell and after that you can start farming duncraig. I am not even going to get into how strong neutraldin can get with large investements however the main point is that you can do 3 minute duncraig runs with just basic crafted gear that anyone can afford to make.

Maelstrom sin is extremely powerful as well due to the way it's damage scaling works. Because maelstrom scales off of Total Dexterity, you just have to stack dex.Due to scaling damage off of dex it is also very easy to reach block cap which means you can solve or at least mitigate your squishiness issues that assassins suffer from. Tiefling form gives you a huge buff to dexterity and the gear for throwsin is very easy to craft/get. In the end you can get a character that can clear an entire screen of enemies with one throw with the proper gear as well as having max block, 50 DR and 350-450 flat phys/ele reduction making you decently tanky. On the other hand other assassin specs are suffering greatly from some of the changes (CC changes, Removal of Knockback on Hades Gate etc).


Uh.... did you played them from zero to hero without trade/twink/etc.? They not even close that strong as, for example, summbarb or.... well, any barb or in case of pal - holy melee. Even melee necr in TU/early rw will ez override both of them.


I played Neutraldin from Zero to Immortal this current season, and used crafted gear up till uldyssian then started to gather tweaked gear. At no point did I feel weak. I however am an exception because I know Neutraldin at an extremely high level and how to do practically everything on it. But many people have had relatively good success on the neutraldin using the guide made by myself and millenia, for throwsin I played one and it felt incredibly strong even early on