Scroll Wheel in MXL

Discuss Median XL!
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Maykay wrote:Rats.

Wheel still works fine for me in 1.2.1. Maybe try uninstalling Sigma first, then run vanilla D2 and then redownload Sigma? Or just remove the entire D2 folder, do a clean installation, proceed with the first step and then install Sigma. MXL saves are no longer stored in the D2 folder if you're worried about losing them.
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Frytas wrote:

Wheel still works fine for me in 1.2.1. Maybe try uninstalling Sigma first, then run vanilla D2 and then redownload Sigma? Or just remove the entire D2 folder, do a clean installation, proceed with the first step and then install Sigma. MXL saves are no longer stored in the D2 folder if you're worried about losing them.

this is so strange, i started vanilla and totaly could use the mouse wheel there, it was even direct set to skill switch, in Sigma i can only hear the sound of the wheel but it wont let me assign it.
Maykay
Cultist
23 | 0
Frytas wrote:

I'll try that, thanks.

EDIT: no joy. Uninstalled everything, installed LoD, changed the keybindings, installed Median, keybindings didn't work. Oh well. AHK it is, then.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Doomsday wrote:
Frytas wrote:

this is so strange, i started vanilla and totaly could use the mouse wheel there, it was even direct set to skill switch, in Sigma i can only hear the sound of the wheel but it wont let me assign it.

Well yes, you can't ASSIGN the wheel in Sigma, but if you do so in vanilla d2 then in Sigma the wheel will work in parallel with corresponding keybindings. One thing though to avoid confusion: it will work for Skill xx, but not for Select next/previous skill, at least I have not tried it cause I don't use the latter function.

Here's d2lod in XP SP3 compatibility mode:

And Sigma:

The settings are carried over, I set my abilities to F7/8/9/11 in MXL and switch between them with mouse wheel/side buttons, works fine:

Again, visually it still looks like they're bound to F-keys(and technically they indeed are), but functionally you can use the mouse wheel/side buttons to switch between them; you only need to initially bind them with F-keys and you're good to go.

I don't know what else to say as it is already a weird solution, it's the only one that worked for me so if it's not doing anything for you then I'm afraid I can't help :|

Maykay wrote:

also gonna quote you so you get a notification, maybe the screenshots will help you a bit
Maykay
Cultist
23 | 0
Thanks, Frytas. That's pretty much what I did, except I put the wheel up/down on the Next/Previous skill, and Mouse buttons 4 and 5 to Run and one of the skills. None of them worked. Thanks for your help, though, appreciate it.
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This gets even more crazy, i made a second pala for testing melee and there it works directly with the mouse wheel. But dont get it to work for my first paladin....both Ladder, so it must have something to do with the creation, the first pala was made with my old diablo install and there it didnt worked, the new pala was made with a complete fresh install....(can´t assign the mouse wheel to next+previous skill, they are on E+D, but i can still scroll thrue the skills as it always was or atm is in vanilla d2 lod)