Discuss Median XL!
Vresiberba
Invader
8 | 0
What am I doing wrong?

koffi
Sasquatch
60 | 0
You should fill extra socket with jewel instead of gem. It would also be appropriate to use short questions thread for short questions like this.
Vresiberba
Invader
8 | 0
koffi wrote:It would also be appropriate to use short questions thread for short questions like this.

I don't know what that is.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
piezo
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
The previous poster told you what you were doing wrong.
paolo12
Cog
204 | 18
Remove diamond. Insert Jewel. Rune stays in the same place.
Vresiberba
Invader
8 | 0
piezo wrote:The previous poster told you what you were doing wrong.

What? You can't use gems? I went by this advice, which says you can.

Taem wrote:You put a rune into an socket. Its about as straightforward as it gets.

If the item has sockets, make sure you are using the correct rune. If the item has more than 1 socket, fill the other holes with jewels or gems and on the last socket, put the rune in.

There are tricks to maximizing your rune word, such as enhancing it with +%ed before putting the rune in, but sound like you're not really ready for that.

So this is wrong, you can't use gems?
piezo
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Use the manual instead of random old posts for your information: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/runewords

"Many runewords contain only one rune, but you can fill up the sockets before the rune with jewels. To make a runeword in an item with 4 sockets, for example, you must insert 3 jewels + 1 rune."
Vresiberba
Invader
8 | 0
piezo wrote:Use the manual instead of random old posts for your information: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/runewords

"Many runewords contain only one rune, but you can fill up the sockets before the rune with jewels. To make a runeword in an item with 4 sockets, for example, you must insert 3 jewels + 1 rune."

I DID read that but there was no reason for me to doubt the first information which I came to learn first.
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Going to need a screenshot of the correctly assembled runeword to make sure you understand this
koffi
Sasquatch
60 | 0
^just to be sure that he gets it

Vresiberba wrote:
piezo wrote:Use the manual instead of random old posts for your information: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/runewords

I DID read that but there was no reason for me to doubt the first information which I came to learn first.

How can you not doubt some random source information if game documents says otherwise?