Barrage Amazon

Discuss Median XL!
Smittles
Prowler
19 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
So I had planned to build a Barrage Amazon like last ladder, with the new changes to the skill and Dragonlore I thought it could still be good. But what is the point in leveling Barrage past level 6 now after the cooldown removal? Previously it gave increasing Magic Damage per level as well as more arrows every few levels, but now it gives nothing other than costing more mana?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Just be happy that now you you anly need 6 points for it and spend the other points somewhere else.
Smittles
Prowler
19 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Well that doesn't really make sense, investing points in ANY skill should always yield SOME benefit, no matter how small.
Cryzoke
Cultist
24 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Smittles wrote:Well that doesn't really make sense, investing points in ANY skill should always yield SOME benefit, no matter how small.

Yeah I agree with you it's kinda weird right now the bow tree...but from my point of view Bowazon its oriented towards gear rather than skills and for me it makes sense.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Smittles wrote:Well that doesn't really make sense, investing points in ANY skill should always yield SOME benefit, no matter how small.

Have you played any barbarians ?
Smittles
Prowler
19 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:

Have you played any barbarians ?

relevance?

The reason I ask is because the game allows me to put more than 6 points in it, it then also increases the mana cost of the skill, but does absolutely nothing for the skill. Either remove the cooldown entirely and allow me to only use 1 point in it or make putting base levels in to the skill actually useful, otherwise it just comes off as really poor/lazy design choices
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So half of the barbarian skill tree
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Would you rarher have it work like druid's symbiosis and get it locked at max level (6 points in this barrage case ) ?

The barbarians have this same situation in both the melee and throw trees , the melee necro also.

I agree that this is not the best solution to prevent 1-pointer main attacks, but at least you are forced to put 6 points if you want it to work fine
Ratmslasher
Prowler
17 | 6
Wait so beyond 0cooldown level there’s no more benefit?

I thought it was just tooltip bug.

Lol I’m lvl 110 and max barage so far. Mvp
Smittles
Prowler
19 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Ratmslasher wrote:Wait so beyond 0cooldown level there’s no more benefit?

I thought it was just tooltip bug.

Lol I’m lvl 110 and max barage so far. Mvp

Previously each level added flat magic damage to the skill and every few base levels added extra arrows. Now according to the patch notes, the base levels don't give extra arrows, and the magic damage has certainly been removed from the tooltip. So unless the magic damage being removed from the tooltip was a mistake and it does still grant that flat damage, the only thing you are doing by adding more base levels is increasing the mana cost of the skill.