Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
The magic damage per level previously was so low that it did not justify investing any points, neither did the extra arrows because they only appeared towards the end and had really weak coverage.

In addition, I would advise people playing the bow tree to get out of the mind set of being a "barragezon", a "wyrmzon", a "trinity zon" or what have you. All of the skills in the tree excel in different situations. While barrage is amazing against tanky enemies who keep chasing your around, or those who teleport on you it is also strictly inferior for area clearing, picking off monsters at range and keeping you healthy compared to Wyrmshot. In a similar fashion Phalanx is a lot better than trinity arrow against enemies who don't teleport around, or against early bosses which it stun locks. Allocate your points so that you are getting the maximum value from each skill and swap between them depending on the situation.
Smittles
Prowler
19 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
suchbalance wrote:The magic damage per level previously was so low that it did not justify investing any points, neither did the extra arrows because they only appeared towards the end and had really weak coverage.

I can justify it for you pretty easily actually, barrage is my favourite skill in the bow tree and I have no interest in the others. So regardless of how low it was, my barrage still did more damage with each point invested. You're basically saying "we don't do build diversity" when you're telling me how I should be using my points and how I should be playing my bowazon, if the magic damage is too low and the arrows don't have any worth-while effect why not leave them in?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Smittles wrote:
suchbalance wrote:The magic damage per level previously was so low that it did not justify investing any points, neither did the extra arrows because they only appeared towards the end and had really weak coverage.

I can justify it for you pretty easily actually, barrage is my favourite skill in the bow tree and I have no interest in the others. So regardless of how low it was, my barrage still did more damage with each point invested. You're basically saying "we don't do build diversity" when you're telling me how I should be using my points and how I should be playing my bowazon, if the magic damage is too low and the arrows don't have any worth-while effect why not leave them in?

:facepalm:
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
:pop:
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Smittles wrote:i can justify it for you pretty easily actually, barrage is my favourite skill in the bow tree and I have no interest in the others. So regardless of how low it was, my barrage still did more damage with each point invested. You're basically saying "we don't do build diversity" when you're telling me how I should be using my points and how I should be playing my bowazon, if the magic damage is too low and the arrows don't have any worth-while effect why not leave them in?

He's basically saying you need different skills for different zones or challenges and you simply can't complete everything by smaxing barrage only, cause it will do good only in certain places.
Jakelapeno
Destroyer
6 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
6 points is all you need. I've maxed Trinity for the Wyrmshot synergy, but not sure on the viability as trinity blows through my mana pool instantly on bosses. Still not sure on the best way to use points for bowazon right now.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
One-size fit all approach won't get one far in MedianXL.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
RandomOnions wrote:So half of the barbarian skill tree

ChuckNoRis wrote:The barbarians have this same situation in both the melee and throw trees , the melee necro also.

Both totally wrong. You have at least increasing bonus damage comparet to some new skills.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Increasing bonus as in, range? On a single target skill? Stop pretending. Barb is known to be a 1point wonder
Smittles
Prowler
19 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
RandomOnions wrote:Barb is known to be a 1point wonder

I feel like people are misunderstanding the point I was trying to make.
Regardless of whether a skill is considered to be a 1-pointer or not, or in Barrages case a 6-pointer. I should have the option to super-max it if I wish AND my skill points be of SOME value invested in the skill.

Suchbalance mentioned that Barrage is strictly inferior to Wyrmshot when it comes to pack clearing. But that is actually incorrect within the context of my thread, because for Wyrmshot to be a better clearing skill than Barrage you need to invest skill points into it. Only by increasing the base skill level does the skill acquire more potential targets, thus making it the better clearing skill - FYI Wyrmshot is THE single most pathetic skill without points invested, the mediocre damage and low target potential is only made worse by the SLOWEST moving "dragon spirit" projectile one has ever seen.
That being said, if I want to, I can keep increasing the clear potential of Wyrmshot by investing more and more points into it. Why couldn't they have had the same approach with Barrage? At least, in previous ladders, adding points did SOMETHING, regardless of whether suchbalance thinks it wasn't a justifiable investment, which is weird, since I was confident they were my skill points to make that decision with but okay -.-