CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey all,

I've played Median XL for a bit, but only ever used guides because I'm terrible at making my own stuff. Since I'm assuming a lot of people will be using traps, I'd like to put some of my ideas here with items/skills and please let me know what you think should be improved (this will only be very low lvl suggestions for now):

Stats:
I'm assuming we max VIT while STR and DEX for items

Skills:
Max: All 3 traps, Artifice Mastery, not sure if Subterfuge should be maxed. Perfect Being 1
Beacon or Phase Bomb?

Items:
Wep: 2x SpellGrip
Body Armor: Queen of Glass
MO helm/gloves/sash/boots? (Fire/Lite Spell Dmg & res)

Let me know if I'm completely off on anything.

Thanks,
Circa
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
I am trying a trap sin too at the moment. My ideas are more or less the same. Started her selffound and just reaches a5 norm. Now i will try to get more or less the same items you listed.

One thing i am not sure: does "-enemy res" help for a traps assassin or are traps completely "our of everything"?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
TU Sash and Boots (both giving ALL spell damage that means 33*4=132% of that value will be converted to trap damage while with MOed honorifics you will get just 66% effective damage boost). For gloves i guess Pul runeword will be still better since 2 all skills will also boost subterfuge which giving trap damage itself based on soft skill points.

Not sure about armor.. is that high strenght req really worth pierces that you will get from traps themselves Also not sure what about helm.. i guess Thur runeword in circlet will do.
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nobrainnopain wrote:I am trying a trap sin too at the moment. My ideas are more or less the same. Started her selffound and just reaches a5 norm. Now i will try to get more or less the same items you listed.

One thing i am not sure: does "-enemy res" help for a traps assassin or are traps completely "our of everything"?

I'm going to assume -enemy res on items will work on traps, but you bring up a good point that it doesn't really say it. So I'm actually not sure. If not, then I guess spell dmg would be the way to go.
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Scalewinged wrote:TU Sash and Boots (both giving ALL spell damage that means 33*4=132% of that value will be converted to trap damage while with MOed honorifics you will get just 66% effective damage boost). For gloves i guess Pul runeword will be still better since 2 all skills will also boost subterfuge which giving trap damage itself based on soft skill points.

Not sure about armor.. is that high strenght req really worth pierces that you will get from traps themselves Also not sure what about helm.. i guess Thur runeword in circlet will do.

I'm not sure where you get the 132% from. I see the belt and boots with 20% spell dmg (rabbit's foot & moon wrap). So is that 40% from both? Not sure how the calculations work. Pul rune word does seem pretty good. Being in Act 5 norm currently, I have noticed that + Skills are what increase the damage mostly. Spell damage hasn't been very significant as of yet. Yes, armor is tough. I would feel that Zod rune word on armor might be the best currently with the +skills and high res.
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
CircaG wrote:cut

The total 40% Spell Dmg is 40% Fire + 40% Cold + 40% Lightning + 40% Phys/Magic + 40% Poison (but this last one doesn't count for Subterfuge).

And i too used Pul gloves but for Helm i chose Lavadome. Armor i have rare with +2 skills and it's fine, but i did max Perfect Being, will see later when i get half or so charms and the +max skills how i will respec.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Life after kill seemingly does not work with traps ... hmm
latu2006
Fallen
1 | 0

Wonder if this is a bug or i'm missing something?
- Artifice Mastery saying to + block chance but still see it as 0.
- carrying 2 claws already
- all trap skills already min 15 based level

Anyone know?
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
DacianDraco wrote:
CircaG wrote:cut

The total 40% Spell Dmg is 40% Fire + 40% Cold + 40% Lightning + 40% Phys/Magic + 40% Poison (but this last one doesn't count for Subterfuge).

And i too used Pul gloves but for Helm i chose Lavadome. Armor i have rare with +2 skills and it's fine, but i did max Perfect Being, will see later when i get half or so charms and the +max skills how i will respec.

Okay so you too are using Rabit's Foot and Moonwrap? Lavadome is a good idea for the helm. Armor just seems to be whatever you can find +skills/res on. Thanks!
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
latu2006 wrote:Image

Wonder if this is a bug or i'm missing something?
- Artifice Mastery saying to + block chance but still see it as 0.
- carrying 2 claws already
- all trap skills already min 15 based level

Anyone know?

Not sure, you should ask on the bugs page. Is there a reason you are upping str and dex so much rather than VIT? I feel like since Artifice Mastery gives 50% VIT, it would be good to stack it.