CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Captcha wrote:
Bcalath wrote:Agreed Tief form just seems like too much of an investment to be good in a build that needs all the skill points it can. I don’t see it being viable as anything other than a +1 dump for you to also grab doom.

Why Doom? I understood that it reduces enemy magic dmg resists (traps don't do that) and adds flat phys dmg per hit (and traps dmg isn't counted as hitting is it?). I thought 'per hit' only applied to melee hit or bow-type dmg.

Yeah Doom wouldn't do anything to traps. It's solely for skills that deal physical damage. That'd be pointless to get. I would say skills:

Max all traps, subterfuge, artifice mastery, and perfect being (if that's possible). I don't know whether to go Phase Bomb or Beacon. Would Phase Bomb's ele pen not do anything for traps?
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nobrainnopain wrote:Artifice Matery seems to be a 1point skill ... or am i missing something?

I am not a high level enough to 100% answer this, but I think it would be worth to max. We need literally every defensive thing we can get. You get 5%+ chance to block per base level, which seems huge to me.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
CircaG wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:Artifice Matery seems to be a 1point skill ... or am i missing something?

I am not a high level enough to 100% answer this, but I think it would be worth to max. We need literally every defensive thing we can get. You get 5%+ chance to block per base level, which seems huge to me.

hmm ... but i dont see a NEXT LEVEL: there ... so what would be the benefit from putting more points there?
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
CircaG wrote:
Captcha wrote:
Bcalath wrote:Agreed Tief form just seems like too much of an investment to be good in a build that needs all the skill points it can. I don’t see it being viable as anything other than a +1 dump for you to also grab doom.

Why Doom? I understood that it reduces enemy magic dmg resists (traps don't do that) and adds flat phys dmg per hit (and traps dmg isn't counted as hitting is it?). I thought 'per hit' only applied to melee hit or bow-type dmg.

Yeah Doom wouldn't do anything to traps. It's solely for skills that deal physical damage. That'd be pointless to get. I would say skills:

Max all traps, subterfuge, artifice mastery, and perfect being (if that's possible). I don't know whether to go Phase Bomb or Beacon. Would Phase Bomb's ele pen not do anything for traps?

Beacon seems to be nice
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies

I think it's a 10 pt skill (assuming you use 2 claws for dual claw block which seems kinda hard to ignore)?

You may be confusing block speed with block chance. You get 5% block chance per hard point to a max of 50% so you need 10 points to get that.

The skill itself gives 50% block SPEED (and 50% to vitality) for just the first point.
Edited by Captcha 4 years.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
nobrainnopain wrote:Beacon seems to be nice

Yes, it's now designed as a trap skill. Always used to be a 1pt skill and still feels that way to me.

The problem is not only that the dmg increase is not that much when you need so many points elsewhere, it's also that it's hard to get it on target, it does it's own aiming and it always "aims" somewhere your character isn't. Hopefully now that they increased the radius to almost double it might hit a bit more. Main reason to take beacon was always the run speed though.
blood-doll
Prowler
18 | 3

1 point unless you want the dual claw block then it starts at 5% and needs points to get to 50% block
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
What I'm aiming for atm is something like this as a bare minimum:

Max Perfect Being, Prismatic Cloak
1pt Beacon
1pt Shadow Refuge (Naginata tre)
15 all 3 traps
10 in Artifice mastery after lvl 96
8 in Subterfuge (when they fix the max resists bug), else 1pt
Optional 1pt in Vamp Icon

I'll also buff with QoB since it's a prereq, can't hurt.

Any extras will go into traps and Subterfuge. I'll need to play around with a few re-specs to see how best to distribute extras over the bare bones spec above.
I want to test if the fire trap can hit off-screen with enough range. I have noticed that it doesnt need line-of-sight, but monsters do need to be activated before they take damage.

Happy to discuss.
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Character sheet displays 0% block with Artifice Mastery, because it is only tracking shield block.

There is no bug with subterfuge max resists, they apply correctly.
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm still not sure about one thing. Does claw block use normal block formula(dex scaling?) I guess not since its amount is quiet insane for a block but don't know how to make it clear.

I was testing energy factor too but numbers didn't seem to change so I guess if it's not a direct spell damage bonus it won't be converted.

Trap sin is strong anyway, made it to 120 today and managed to kill Kabraxis right after that (with TU gear). I guess it's gonna be nerfed next season :P