can I play offline

Discuss Median XL!
curol1111
Imp
4 | 0
Can I play offline this version o median XL from site? I mean without to connect to Server?
Drakks
Invader
8 | 0
Yes, you can play it single player offline. It won't be a seasonal ladder character though.
curol1111
Imp
4 | 0
what is this - seasonal ladder character means? thanks for reply.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
It doesn't mean anything in Single Player. You can play normally.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
ruddz
Imp
5 | 2
Drakks wrote:Yes, you can play it single player offline. It won't be a seasonal ladder character though.

Hi sir can you tell me how to play single offline??

Right now when i click on median xl launch,click play button then it show restart button.. So i need online for play

Mind to show me step by step play offline?
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
ruddz wrote:
Drakks wrote:Yes, you can play it single player offline. It won't be a seasonal ladder character though.

Right now when i click on median xl launch,click play button then it show restart button.. So i need online for play

You can open game.exe from your diablo II folder and it should launch the game fine.
Launcher is connected to check updates but it does the same, you can play solo all you want once the game is open
ruddz
Imp
5 | 2
Lynderika wrote:
ruddz wrote:

You can open game.exe from your diablo II folder and it should launch the game fine.
Launcher is connected to check updates but it does the same, you can play solo all you want once the game is open

Oo i see..need launch on diablo file not on median launcher..but when someday i wan to play online..can i carry my character from diablo to median?? Or when i play median online i have to start from zero?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ruddz wrote:
Lynderika wrote:
ruddz wrote:

Oo i see..need launch on diablo file not on median launcher..but when someday i wan to play online..can i carry my character from diablo to median?? Or when i play median online i have to start from zero?

I assume you mean if you want to go from playing median offline to playing median online, you will need to start over. Vanilla diablo 2 characters can not be used to play median.
ruddz
Imp
5 | 2
Cheno wrote:
ruddz wrote:
Lynderika wrote:
ruddz wrote:

I assume you mean if you want to go from playing median offline to playing median online, you will need to start over. Vanilla diablo 2 characters can not be used to play median.

I see2 thx guys for info..you guys help alot,thx
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Cheno wrote:
ruddz wrote:
Lynderika wrote:
ruddz wrote:

From his posts can be inferred that the mod didn't install correctly, hence his inability to start it with the Launcher in the first place.

ruddz wrote:I see2 thx guys for info..you guys help alot,thx

If the problems you were experiencing didn't sorted themeselves out try this: make sure the installation path for Median XL (not the Launcher's one) matches with the installation path of Diablo2+LoD. You can check the Median XL's installation path in the setting page of the Launcher, to access click on the cog "⚙️" icon (up-right) in the Launcher window. If you do not remember where you installed Diablo2 LoD you can check its installation path by 'right-clicking' on Diablo2 LoD original shortcut, then selecting "Properties" and in the "Shortcut" tab read the path written in "Target:", the needed path should ends with the folder "Diablo II". Also restart the PC and this keeps happening after the reboot, open the Launcher and go into its settings page, there click on "Application Data" (bottom-right corner) and in the "save folder" find and delete the file "preferences.json" then close the Launcher and restart the PC. If you do not have that file in the folder or deleting it did not solve the problem, then delete the whole "MedianXL folder" (which is the folder that opens up when you click on "Application Data"), finally close the Launcher and restart the PC.
If none of the above helped, you could also try a reinstallation. Here is a guide to avert issues during and after the process: Median XL Installation Guide (Windows)