Sigma 1.2 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Thanks again for all the hard work guys. Was wondering if there are any plans to add a Full Set / Extra Set Item for a Dex-based Melee Necro (Dagger & Shield) build?
Flyon
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Game crashes at trade window everytime, please fix this issue
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Discovered why no one plays Rebound Throwbarbs. It literally doesn't hit anything. Been using Earthquake and Lion Stance to level, killing most things in one or two hits. Switched to Rebound after I got a few points in it and it actually does nothing, despite listing more damage on sheet due to the flat magic damage bonus it says it gives.

Also to note, the synergy says "+0.6 target seek range per 2 base levels" --> maybe its a visual bug or just wrong, but it gives +0.6 per 1 base level.

suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
You are dual wielding and your main weapon isn't a throwing axe.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
suchbalance wrote:You are dual wielding and your main weapon isn't a throwing axe.

Does the same thing happen when you use a sword mainhand and axe offhand, but use axe skills? or is it specific to throwing weapons? If so, why wouldn't it just get locked out unless a throwing axe is mainhand? My guess is the code doesn't allow maybe
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Yeah, the game only checks if you have the weapon equipped - not if it is actually usable. This only happens for throwing weapons, because melee weapons are missing "ranged data" let's call it. So, if you wanna be a hipster you could offhand throwing axes to enable the skill and main hand throwing knives for their damage effects.

Dual wield code in D2 is a huge mess in general, which is why we stopped promoting such attack based builds in the skill trees with M2017.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I just noticed that you can use Shadow Refuge with throwing knives now, has this change been around for long? It still says "requires a melee weapon"

It's also been a long time since I played melee sorc but now I'm building one and IMO Wraithsword should be removed. It is pretty much useless and even though melee sorc is pretty fast with her feet she really could use some form of warp strike, it would make gameplay much more interesting and smooth.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
suchbalance wrote: So, if you wanna be a hipster you could offhand throwing axes to enable the skill and main hand throwing knives for their damage effects.

Thanks for the explanation.

Also, this point I've been wondering about. Javelins seem to be mega useless, and generally Amazons would use a class-weapon. Is there any thought towards allowing barbarian throwing skills to simply work with knives/javs/axes instead of restricting it to axes only? Thinking of gladiator-like stuff, might be neater to have some kind of snare ability instead of Screaming Eagle (similar effect, but makes more sense and maybe a smaller range) and the ability to use all throwing weapons with their skills.

I remember a long while back, one guy and I were independently playing around with stormblast to trigger striking procs on throwing knives.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Some ideas to update sets for them to make more sense:
Amazon Javelin Set - glacial nova proc on kill makes no sense. Could be replaced with old school poison nova. And cold spell damage on helmet could be changed to poison spell damage.
Barbarian Berserker Set - 3 proc on melee atack - each of them represent different element while whole set is clearly for cold dmg. AH and Stormblast could be replaced by Cold nova/Frigid sphere/Ice bolt nova/Ice lang procs. Same percentages ?
Druid Treewarden Set - some love for -enemy poison resistance and fire based procs on weapon.
Sorceress Fire Set - why is axe in weapon slot ? 1h + shield becomes too OP ? Why not simple staff then ?
Crossbow Set - would like to see other oskills instead of silver dart and deathstrike. Old school multishot comes to mind and either barage or fragshot.
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Can we also have gem bags that work in the same way shine vessels work? It would be nice to use up just 5 slots for all max resists instead of 20 or 1 slot instead of 20 for amazon's amethysts, etc. If it's more of a copy/paste job please do it. Back in 2015-16 i wanted to do images for various stuff but never finished but i do have gem bags finished, both bmp and dc6 for them.
Also was doing runes, and have both bmp and dc6 of those too because i disliked how the "new runes" had off color, and for Great Runes i made 2 variants, one that is inverted to distinguish easier and a black Kabraxis stone but that one is no longer used.
And was frankensteining some body armor and planed for others too, cause i felt like they should have some variants for sacreds that still visually tell you the type they are, but had not done dc6 of these.

They look worse here in pics because i didn't have them all together, and i saved them as jpg and lost the transparency and whatever. And pls change the img for Book of Lies so that you can't confuse it for Black Road when you need to make a scroll. Anyway if anyone wants to use any of it i can send them.