Sigma 1.2 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Archbishop lazarus teleporting inside you sometimes and preventing you from moving is a feature? Because whenever this happens, it's pretty much game over. By the time you realize you can't move, you're probably dead. Can I get a response on this?
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
In addition to my previous post regarding broken random mechanics in d2, apparently this obscure behavior is way more common than I initially thought. Every skill that constantly produces missiles is spoiled by it, e.g. Hive, Path of Flames, Beacon, etc.

Here is another example: SrvDoFunc (skill) = 146 has a similar issue, i.e. it causes unit seed to be set to unexpected value. This time though this function is called from the game code that manages various unit states and if state in question has its SrvAcitveFunc set to 146, it would call the corresponding SrvDoFunc. It's not as bad as the previous case with SrvDoFunc (skill) = 43, yet it still should be taken into consideration since the whole SrvDoFunc (skill) = 146 is a good example how to not write the code.

That's how the call sequence looks like:

Code: Select all

1. CALL Skill SrvDoFunc = X with AuraState which has SrvAcitveFunc = 146
   Set D2SkillStrc + 0x18 (Skill X) to Rand(0x10000), where src D2Unit Seed is used to produce random value (MWC state)

2. CALL Skill SrvDoFunc = 146 till the state expiration
   Set D2Unit Seed to 0x29A as high dword and D2SkillStrc + 0x18 (Skill X) as low dword (it's technically a reset)
   Set D2SkillStrc + 0x18 (Skill X) to Rand(0xF4240), where src D2Unit Seed is used to produce random value (MWC state)

All this mess is done just to randomize missile position when it's spawned. Instead of using temporary local variable for that purpose they decided to use player/monster unit seed as a temporary variable, what a sick joke! Maybe I'm nitpicking but it's about the consistency and there is no consistency there, such behavior is an exception and more like a reason for scuffed random with a poor value distribution.

Just in case here is the list of SrvDoFunc that might? cause the same issue, even though I'm not sure if these functions are even called from anywhere (I haven't tested them as well): SrvDoFunc (skill) = 37, 39, 41, 143.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anonymous: wrote:
Crash wrote:
Anonymous: wrote:Barrage description does not say what it does per skill level increase after 6 points in it. More arrows, more damage ? Just mana cost increase ?

just mana cost and synergy to wyrmshot

Are you talking about trinity arrow instead of barrage ?

sorry, I realized that this morning after I said it last night. Trinity synergizes wyrmshot, but barrage still gains nothing but mana cost. The number/spread of arrows on barrage and the WDM is fixed now. only skill that scales it from the tree now is the passive to get extra pierce on the conversion.
Hexen
Prowler
19 | 2
Found some bugs:
1.1 In game settings there is no option to toggle minimap fade.
► Show Spoiler

in the original d2 and MXL2017 there was such an option, and there was a hotkey for it. I used it quite often.
► Show Spoiler

1.2 Also there was a hotkey to switch between large and small map. Now it's gone, and you can switch map sizes only in settings. And those settings only apply after you save and exit.
► Show Spoiler

1.3 Now you can't chose small map position: right or left. It's always left.
► Show Spoiler

2. On the Quest Log screen there is no button to hear the quest dialogue.
► Show Spoiler

in the original d2 and MXL2017 there was such an option:
► Show Spoiler
Hexen
Prowler
19 | 2
When items become unequipped due to lack of stats they are not highlighted in red, it's hard to tell when something gets unequipped. You have to hover mouse over all items to check:
► Show Spoiler
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Incineration Trap range isn't activating at every 2 base levels correctly.

It's triggering at 3/5/7 instead of 2/4/6, etc.
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
when wearing two throwing axes (one 41 quantity) (second 80) both are ethereal RW Taha this message spams all the time
I did not put indestructible affix on em
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
This cooldown is a bit too long, please reconsider and make it shorter or find a way to remove it. Build is fun but barely playable with 0.8s cooldown. Thanks.
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
in the totemancer build tree, im not getting the soulboud bonus... not the life after kill, not + totem spell... and i have all 3 totems close yes..

also when i have all 4 totems with Malevolence im not getting thoose extra soulboud bonus

major bug??

charc: https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=skeletor_dk
Mazimi
Skeleton
2 | 0
I'm not entirely sure if this is intended or if it's a bug but since there is no tooltip anywhere stating that Assassin traps don't proc life/mana after each kill I figured it has to be a bug, if it's not a bug however then I hope you at least make it clear in some way that getting kills from traps don't count life/mana after each kill.