Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Multiplayer Badge
Has won 3 multiplayer contests
Great Skill Badge
Highly trained Warrior
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Swap out Artifice Mastery with Phase Bomb on the Assassin tree and make it lockout spells like Subterefuge does right now

Theres no build that can take advantage of PhaseBomb other than the trap tree right now, however builds like Twin Fangstrike and Noctule can utilize Artifice mastery and its really sad to see it locked behind 46(56) skillpoints
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Why are sceptres not able to roll cast speed? Mainly they are used on zon and pala casters, and even hammerzon, who wants high phys dmg on a sceptre uses cast speed for its main attack.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Sometimes, the game just gets stuck in loading screen (before entering in a game) and I have to alt f4 and start it again. This happens only in multiplayer as I played single player as well and it never happened to me. Is this a known issue?
RyougiShiki
Pit Knight
117 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
APF-20 ASS sometimes deals no damage at all (all attack miss) in uldy previous battle 3BB.
seems related to jump attack.
alama123
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Can we put back duels ? maybe have a duel tournaments as well could be fun ... rewards for top 10 duelist
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Crash wrote:A1 Merc with Dark Power (Ranger? I think) scales awkwardly, like the assassin perfect being breakpoints. Noticed while leveling that Dark Power went up to lvl 9, and then a few levels later, was down to 5 again. (didn't change gear for any +skills to affect it)

Adding to this, when she gets to lvl 90 she also loses base stats. And about the skills they do go up and down in values, but can't see how. These values are taken when she's naked.

lvl 10 HP=392 STR=127 DEX=260 War Spirit dmg 2-4
lvl 40 HP=1480 STR=244 DEX=532 War Spirit dmg 16-21
lvl 50 HP=2120 STR=274 DEX=612 War Spirit dmg 16-19
lvl 89 HP=4616 STR=391 DEX=924 War Spirit dmg 83-91
lvl 90 HP=3240 STR=348 DEX=780 War Spirit dmg 62-71
lvl 91 HP=3344 STR=351 DEX=788 War Spirit dmg 58-65
lvl 92 HP=3448 STR=354 DEX=796 War Spirit dmg 63-72
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Recently I was looking into the function which is responsible for assignment of various properties during the the monster unit creation and then I stumbled upon the code that calculate an additional experience bonus depending on the players count. It should look something like that:

Code: Select all

pow(nTotalPlayers, 0.6) * 100 - 100

The main issue here is that pow function is not optimized out by the compiler and it's calling somewhat performance heavy intrinsic function to calculate the result. Looks like a waste considering the fact that there are only 8 possible outcomes and this code is called for pretty much every monster unit during its creation. What was wrong with the default function and its lookup table though?
neklp
Stone Warrior
34 | 6
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Hi guys my friend cant seem to access one char in his account dunno its locked or something.
Char name : Bottlenecro.
Account : Avatar
Is it just him or its a bug.
Anyone else have this problem.
Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
Thank you
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I was working on the drop rate simulation model for d2 lately but then something interesting draw my attention. By the pure accident I found out that not all random is equally random, in some particular cases it might be heavily biased towards some specific predetermined initial Seed. I'm going to describe those cases and what causes them.

Imagine being able to farm Laz or Astro trophies consistently. No, I'm not insane, in theory you can exploit both of these bosses, manipulate their behavior and even the drop rates. I highly doubt it would be possible to achieve that without the usage of unauthorized 3rd party tools (bots), you need to be very precise which is not the case for a human being. And yet you can estimate their actions or possible loot at any given moment or I guess it's better to say that you can produce a narrow set of all possible outcomes. I believe that getting the trophy every 10 runs is highly possible, which is insanely good result!

Now back to the origin of that unexpected precedent. It's not a Sigma exclusive bug, it's one of the many Blizzard bugs that left unnoticed. This weird interaction is caused by the skills that Astro and Laz are using, and what skill unites them? It's their totems, both of these skills sharing the same SrvDoFunc (skill) = 43 and this function is apparently bugged. So every time when this SrvDoFunc function is called by the game there is a call inside of it to its subroutine:

Code: Select all

SrvDoFunc = 43 Sub (D2Game + 0x93990):
int __stdcall Sub(D2Game* pGame, D2Unit* pUnit, D2Unit* pSrcUnit, int MissileId, int Param, int Range, int SkillId, int SkillLvl)

This subfunction is dangerous because it reset unit Seed for the first one D2Unit and it set its high word to 0x29A (default initial value) and its low word to the current PosX of the target. The issue is that both of these units (pUnit and pSrcUnit) are exactly the same when this function is called by respective SrvDoFunc. So every time when Astro or Laz are summoning the totems it reset their Seed value depending on their target location (world x coordinate). Now if you don't understand what's the matter with that Seed then you should know that not only AI behavior depending on this value, drop rates affected by it as well and pretty much every random operation on this unit relying on it. Your world location is a well known value on the client side, that is you can calculate the exact Seed value each time when Astro or Laz decided to use their totem skill. After that you can apply MWC generator function to this value N times (this value can be estimated as well to some extent) and that's pretty much it, you have a small sequence of possible values. By using this information you can estimate their next AI action or what would they drop if you kill them during the next several frames.

It's highly unusual to see something like that, typically game set initial Seed value when the unit is being created and after that this value can only move forward by applying MWC generator transformation to it and never reset. There is an exception though which leads me to the next point and that's why I'm convinced this is a bug and not a feature. Among the other unit types there is a missile type, it's not unusual for missiles to use their target coordinates as an initial Seed value, lifespan for missiles is short and quality of randomness doesn't matter that much for them. Here is the few examples to prove my point: SrvHitFunc (missile) = 38, 40, 45, 58; SrvDoFunc (missile) = 8, 10, 17, 25, 28, 34. Now to the interesting part, coincidentally SrvHitFunc = 40 is calling exactly the same subroutine that I already described, this time though pUnit and pSrcUnit are not the same, in fact pUnit is a missile! I believe that Blizzard decided to reuse an existing code from SrvHitFunc (missile) = 40 and apply it to SrvDoFunc (skill) = 43, it's perfectly fine in the former case and unacceptable in the latter.

In conclusion I have to say that I hope this bug will get fixed. Even though it's hard to exploit on its full potential, I don't think there is a place in the game for something like that. As a side note, fixing this bug might improve the AI for these bosses, no more stupid endless totem spam from the offsceen?
dang12394
Fallen
1 | 0
-Hello guys,im having a trouble,im using Newest Launcher to launch the game,when i didnt use launcher to patch the game,but before that,i ran the game with Game.exe and Diablo II.exe very smooth and no error,but when i use launcher to patch the game,it's keep saying error like UNHANDLED EXCEPTION PRIV_INSTRUCTION (c0000096),note that I used all the sollutions FAQ and Troubleshooting provided me,but it's can't be helped(try both the sollutions for error c*******96 and c*****05 like DEP things,administrators things,antivirus,blah blah...)
-Then after that I read the error log(the log file name is somewhat error too like ÿé8jþÿƒ=èPÿo190908.txt),i think the problem is within a file name Fog.dll something like this
"21:09:02.486 ***** UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: PRIV_INSTRUCTION (c0000096)
21:09:02.486 Fault address: 0024669D 01:0001569D E:\Games\Diablo II Lord of Destruction (1.14d)\Fog.dll
21:09:02.486 eax:7113feb4 ebx:00000000 ecx:711514df edx:00001663 esi:5405c720
21:09:02.486 edi:0018f90c ebp:0018f910 esp:0018f85c eip:0024669d flg:00010206
21:09:02.486 cs:0023 ds:002b es:002b ss:002b fs:0053 gs:002b"
-Then after that i tried this sollutions for myself,I deleted the Fog.dll then rename the file FogOriginal.dll into Fog.dll and the game run very well,but it run the original LOD game instead of the Median XL,i hope this info will help you guys solved my problem.
-Note that i also tried 1.14d and 1.13c,both run very well before i use the launcher,then after that always the same c96 PRIV error with the Fog.dll log.
THANKS YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH!