Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I've played this season since day 1, but still couldn't settled down to one build :<

Since I've played almost build(which fits well with my play style and no need to spend 1k tg), now I'm looking for some oskill based build.
Median has a lot of cool oskills I really want to play with, but I think most of them are just trash/hard to build/need to spend tons of money..
I really like the Wyrd oskill but it was awful like every ppl said :<
Now I'm looking at Bear claw nova(with other single target skill. I hate Overkill), Orb of annihilation sin/nec, ATMG proc build (Spell proc or bow with wdm proc. I have 118lvl sin and ATMG set), Any oskill based UHC.
But I have no idea how they performs and already sent all of my TG to test out for myself.
What I want to play is just nice Dunc(and/or Fautz) farmer. Don't have to be good at Uber.
I need you guys' opnion!
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thing with some oskills is - a lot of people expect them to be viable out of the box and give up fast, when in reality you need proper gear for them to shine - analogous to hard point investments required to make class skills work. You generally have less tools for scaling oskills, so proper understanding of the use-case for each oskill is important. That said, there are oskills which you can build an entire character around, as well as situational oskills - such as charged strike in some builds which can help assist with astrogha.

The bottom line for scaling oskills is to get "ALL skill levels" stat, this is true for all elemental ones at least (which most are). Generally followed by capping pierce for that element (at least 135) and then it's the good old stacking spell damage / ef / mana etc.

All new oskill sets are fairly easy to obtain and all of them are tested to be endgame viable. So you have a decent pool to try out here. Then you have stormfront druid which I believe is really strong, Orb of Anni necro works 100%, and the list goes on. Remember, just getting the 2 pieces from set wont be enough to make them work (in some cases the oskill isn't even granted by set), thats what the rest of your gear is for.

Not all oskills are obvious to build on, but I consider that to be what makes them fun. Clear examples would be Frozen Orb/ATMG/OoA - people usually try to make them viable by increasing damage (not ooa) without figuring out the most important part first - i.e. how will you sustain the mana, do you need to use other skills, etc. Then you have other skills like wyrd which have nice aoe/slow/poison coverage which you want to build upon, atmg which benefits from hitting events, etc.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Marco wrote:Then you have stormfront druid which I believe is really strong

Can confirm but it's a bit expensive.
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Orb of annihilation assassin works too, but is a bit slow in fauzt. She is a good teganze farmer tho.

Video of orb assassin in fauzt which i totally messed up:

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
the unavailable video plays about as well as it sounds like the build would be
matdoo
Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thanks for the comments guys! (really want to watch that video tho :lol: )
So i guess it's gonna be hard to build around Oskill with my low experience/budget.
Have to go to find some farm build to test all of em.
It's gonna long journey xD
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:the unavailable video plays about as well as it sounds like the build would be

sorry 'bout that. Video should be watchable now. First time I recorded and uploaded something to youtube.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
What are the Pros/Cons to using this Oskill on the assassin? The only other options (as far as I'm aware) are Necro and Zon. I'm curious to compare the three.
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i don't see any advantages of using it on zon.

Necro gets better Mana Regeneration (from that one passive) and has access to mana tide totem (rolls on yellow/blue necro shields) which also gives a lot of mana regen. I don't know how much exactly, but I read it was nerfed a few patches ago.

Ssin has the advantage of having doom (which gives -36 to enemy magic resistances). This makes killing bosses possible. Astrogah only took me like 4 minutes and 3 deaths. Also on ssin you become quite tanky just from your passive skills towards late game. Perfect Being gives 59% Avoid, Prismatic Cloak gives 326 flat dr and shadow refuge makes reaching 50% dr easy. Also, the Orb set gives lot's of free mana and energy, making your other items that scale %mana and %energy very effective.
matdoo
Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Splargh wrote:i don't see any advantages of using it on zon.

Necro gets better Mana Regeneration (from that one passive) and has access to mana tide totem (rolls on yellow/blue necro shields) which also gives a lot of mana regen. I don't know how much exactly, but I read it was nerfed a few patches ago.

Ssin has the advantage of having doom (which gives -36 to enemy magic resistances). This makes killing bosses possible. Astrogah only took me like 4 minutes and 3 deaths. Also on ssin you become quite tanky just from your passive skills towards late game. Perfect Being gives 59% Avoid, Prismatic Cloak gives 326 flat dr and shadow refuge makes reaching 50% dr easy. Also, the Orb set gives lot's of free mana and energy, making your other items that scale %mana and %energy very effective.

hey it looks damn fun!

May I ask notAmoury link? Really want to try out