Need some help with understading trades

Discuss Median XL!
AHaKuH
Skeleton
3 | 0
So I'm kinda new to the whole mod and I don't have TG to put auctions (since there's always a fee) and I'm wondering how does trading work? I see people posting sales or buying stuff in the trade forums but I do not understand how the whole transaction goes.

Do you trade the item and then hope the person sends the TG to you through the transfer option?

Also another question about trading through the auction place on the site. As far as I understand the auction happens through a mule that gets sent to the winner automatically. Does the whole character just transfer out of my account to the recipient or do they get the account name and the password so they can login and take the item? I'm just asking to know if it's safe to make the mule on my main account.
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AHaKuH wrote:So I'm kinda new to the whole mod and I don't have TG to put auctions (since there's always a fee) and I'm wondering how does trading work? I see people posting sales or buying stuff in the trade forums but I do not understand how the whole transaction goes.

Do you trade the item and then hope the person sends the TG to you through the transfer option?

yes, normally u get tg first. And then you give the item

Also another question about trading through the auction place on the site. As far as I understand the auction happens through a mule that gets sent to the winner automatically. Does the whole character just transfer out of my account to the recipient or do they get the account name and the password so they can login and take the item? I'm just asking to know if it's safe to make the mule on my main account.

yes it happens automatically
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
AHaKuH wrote:So I'm kinda new to the whole mod and I don't have TG to put auctions (since there's always a fee) and I'm wondering how does trading work? I see people posting sales or buying stuff in the trade forums but I do not understand how the whole transaction goes.

In a manual/avatar to avatar transaction, you inform the buyer of your account name you wish the TG to be transferred to. It does seem the admins have your back if you get scammed as... the rare incidents where disputes do happen, they do dive in pretty quick. (For the ones paying the TG that is, that's why they cough it up first)

You verify the transfer and you trade it to him. Always use the in game trade feature unless he says to drop it on the ground. It's multiplayer, global dcs do happen. If the item is lost it's his problem not yours. Lost items in such cases is an unsalvageable situation. If you're lazy, go ahead and drop but only if you can absorb the losses if ... unforeseen situations occur.

--

The new feature. You create a level 1 character, you chuck the item you're selling in there and you fill in the details as directed in the auction feature. When the sale goes through only that level 1 character which you selected will be transferred to the successful bid winner.

The whole account pass word mule shenanigans has been done away with the introduction of the above this season.
AHaKuH
Skeleton
3 | 0
Thank you both for answering. I've never traded like this in any other game except the normal item for item trading back in D2 . It was a little easier since you could create a game with the name of the item you're selling. Good luck with your future trades and have fun.
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
AHaKuH wrote:Thank you both for answering. I've never traded like this in any other game except the normal item for item trading back in D2 . It was a little easier since you could create a game with the name of the item you're selling. Good luck with your future trades and have fun.

Welcome and happy trading :mrgreen: