Discuss Median XL!
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Way cheaper than I thought. Baal was painful? I don’t plan on attempting before having the set
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Initially Baal just isn't worth the time :) but it's not a fight that you should to
P3RTURB4TOR
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Hey guys , I’ll try to start trapassin just yesterday, I read about skillplan etc, and what about midgame gear ? Now I’m use - Lavadom, 2x spellgrip, dragon blood, moonwrap, rabbit foot
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
P3RTURB4TOR wrote:Hey guys , I’ll try to start trapassin just yesterday, I read about skillplan etc, and what about midgame gear ? Now I’m use - Lavadom, 2x spellgrip, dragon blood, moonwrap, rabbit foot

Aim for the Vizjun set. The amount of +skills on the complete set is higher than most endgame combinations, and it is relatively easy to find. Keep those +skills rings and ammy, be more selective on your finds. (i.e + 1 skills, flat life, spell damage and magic find are amongst the best you can find on rings.)

Make sure to equip your merc well. This build cannot have any summuns. Aim for high amounts of strength with T4 uniques ar first. Don’t forget his resistances.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Once you get a comfortable HP pool (my gut says being able to use all your gear from the stats provided by charms) you can move points out of Prismatic Cloak as you will be plenty survivable. I was playing around with some Bella's this weekend and I absolutely agree what for bosses and rifting you will want to get more points in Cata traps; the damage spike from an additional 390% trap damage is nice.

I ended up with a build getting Inc trap to have the max 135 pierce, Prismatic Cloak to reduce damage by ~300, max perfect being, max sw trap, max cata trap, max artificer, 1 SR, 1 Beacon, and rest into Subterfuge (I think 11). In fautz a screen full of mobs would die in 2-3 ticks of incin trap + cata trap + firedance (from Lorekeepers); while hp wouldn't drop below 95%. This was done with full Magic Find jewels and MOs; in the future I'll have to take the time to make a full spell damage setup.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@adamo68 : Been spending more time with shrines to boost my merc survivability via high strength than actually trying to improve on my own character. Soon to be lvl 120. All ubers 115 done with rlative ease, only Rathma Square gave me a bit of problems. Hugging walls help here. I stopped PB at 50% dodge and I can’t see the difference with smaxed. SR helped a lot in TA, thanks for pointing it out.

Spend 12 in subterfuge for the +3 max res, as those sre priceless later on.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Here I go again. So I managed to reach lvl 120. Tried Kabraxis and Duncraig. Both when fine, especially Kabraxis. Seems like this build was made for those fights were you barely have the time to pull a move.

Issue is the elementals. Since you can’t use anything else than traps and melee skills, I don’t have a lot of choice here. I can take a good chunk of hp every time I can, but they keep on healing. Anyone did these ?

I still need Vizjun helm, maybe I just need more damage but in the end, the trap mana cost is stopping me.
IncognitoMan
Destroyer
7 | 0
I would try to get the helm asap.... that'll make things easier.

Also you only need 8 into subterfuge for the +3 max res.

adamo68 what is your current top end on your incen/shock? both before and after firedance buff. Curious how much of a boost it ends up translating to.
Hipposcottamus
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Please explain how trapsin deletes astrogha
IncognitoMan
Destroyer
7 | 0
Hipposcottamus wrote:Please explain how trapsin deletes astrogha

Kill surrounding mobs, have good line of sight to astro but far enough away that hes right on edge of screen, pop catalyst and shock and watch him melt... You'll die a few times possibly ( I could see this done as deathless if you take your time and go slowly ) but otherwise it's a straight forward fight.