Discuss Median XL!
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Consider making it possible seeing user names under the votes so its not anonymous and makes people think twice before they cast their vote.

Or just do away with that system. All it really does is make people speak out their mind less. The tendency is that when anyone goes against the grain on here with their opinion they immediately get vote bombed with anonymous spite.
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Putting yourself aside, the ones running around with negative cookies rarely raise any eyebrows. Perhaps Istaryu maybe, cos he does help with the short questions thread often enough, but yeah...
Usually the ones with negative cookies are quite as expected.
AnimeWaifu
Stygian Watcher
43 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies

:coolstorybob:
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Great Guide Badge
i already knew its people from discord who maliciously stalk and downvote my posts, but having them admit it is always nice to see.

AnimeWaifu wrote:Image

:coolstorybob:

first of this was on discord and has no relation at all to whats posted on the forums. you just proved my point. secondly this was taken out of context. if i remember correctly i was referring my own tg and all of this was said in a joking manner. of course you presented it in a way to smear me because you hold a personal grudge. Easy on the anime girls, you might hurt your wrist.
Edited by bapcja 4 years.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Why would you even care? Forum is dead for last 2 years. Nothing besides spam of trash trade topics going on in here anyway.
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Great Guide Badge
mahitovec wrote:Why would you even care? Forum is dead for last 2 years. Nothing besides spam of trash trade topics going on in here anyway.

i dont like discord cowards downvoting guides i put hours into (i love the game) becaue i had the nerve to disagree with them outside of the forums. thats just petty if you ask me.
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
bapcja wrote:
mahitovec wrote:Why would you even care? Forum is dead for last 2 years. Nothing besides spam of trash trade topics going on in here anyway.

i dont like discord cowards downvoting guides i put hours into (i love the game) becaue i had the nerve to disagree with them outside of the forums. thats just petty if you ask me.

Let's readjust perspectives. And on a sidenote, I think you're weighing cookies a little too much .

So your guide has a thumbs down or two(just checked 4), who really cares? The newb that's looking for a guide doesn't care about a popularity contest. Considering how updated our Guide Center is, a newb would be happy just to get a recently made guide. Even better, a prompt reply if they ask on the thread.

Maybe your nipple is a little sensitive because you just made the guide and extra self-conscious, wondering what people actually think of your guide. It's barely 24 hours. Aerial's legendary tldr barb guide for all its mightiness only has 25 cookies. You've already got one!
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Great Guide Badge
lazyknob wrote:
bapcja wrote:

Let's readjust perspectives. And on a sidenote, I think you're weighing cookies a little too much .

So your guide has a thumbs down or two(just checked 4), who really cares? The newb that's looking for a guide doesn't care about a popularity contest. Considering how updated our Guide Center is, a newb would be happy just to get a recently made guide. Even better, a prompt reply if they ask on the thread.

Maybe your nipple is a little sensitive because you just made the guide and extra self-conscious, wondering what people actually think of your guide. It's barely 24 hours. Aerial's legendary tldr barb guide for all its mightiness only has 25 cookies. You've already got one!

Thanks for the posivite feedback. Turns out its not only about me. After posting this I had people contact me telling their stories, Talking about how they were harassed on the forum by the abusers of voting system. In my case its obvious, as one of my "bullies" already made himself known in this very thread. I hope his friends follow the example so we all might know what kind of people we share the forum and realm with. Or are you cowards too ashamed of yourselves to step up? It's so obvious you wouldn't do it if your names were attached to it.

I knew exactly what would happen when I was posting this thread and here goes a sliver of hope it doesnt go unnoticed. Because its clear as a day the current solution encourages malicious intent and discourages honest thought.
Edited by bapcja 4 years.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Don't get discouraged by the trolls and keep posting awesome content as you are already doing.
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
It seems a little egotistical to assume that your posts getting negative cookies just means that you're being "bullied" or "harassed", rather than just the simple fact that someone disagrees with you; as in you fully believe your post is too good to earn any negs.

Secondly, I don't think anyone would be afraid to neg just because their name would show. If they're open about their contempt and/or grievances on discord or any other place, why would they be afraid for their name to be shown through a negative cookie? That doesn't make sense to me. I will openly admit any negative cookies I give because I give them based on what I feel is a just reason to give them. Like this post for example. And just as the person you're talking about here; they are also obviously not afraid to show their face. I don't think anyone is, I just think the real reason you made this post is because you wish you could know the names of all those who neg'd you. But what does it matter? How does it benefit you? It doesn't. Just let it go and move on and continue to make the content that you want to make. Some people will like it and some people won't. That's life m8.