Is bow druid supposed to be utter garbage?

Discuss Median XL!
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Or is it just a git gud situation?

I have never had such colossal problems with any other classes as I have on druid. His single target damage is nonexistent. Laughing ghost requires specific positioning and it's close to useless against mobile targets. His nova shot requires melee range and even then amazon's barrage is clearly superior because nova shot has damage bursts, while barrage has continuous damage output, which helps a lot in many scenarios. His survivability is complete garbage. Even with 10% physical resist (I'm barely into hell, level 105), capped res and quite some life (lifeshield included) he gets destroyed by most melee physical attacks.

But my main grip with him is that his damage output is pathetic compared to amazon's for example (which basically has multiple cascade per single hit courtesy of wyrmshot and a much better version of nova shot which is barrage). I wouldn't mind playing a glass cannon, but druid is glass but no cannon.

You'll probably say git gud, but I would appreciate if you let me know what I'm doing wrong and also if I can expect bow druid to be any decent lategame without twinking him insane gear.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I have a bow druid, i was never having any problems. Sure, single target dmg is a problem before you can get your hands on a savage hunter, but its not that terrible. Also you can use acid fiends (with quite a few points in poison flash for more hp) so they can tank for you. For example, i can kill Kabraxis in something like 2 mins with just a savage hunter and some bad fascinating shrine crafts for fire pierce.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I actually do use savage hunter, but the damage is still disappointing? I feel like it's a worse version of assassin's storm crow skill.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Celestialray wrote:I actually do use savage hunter, but the damage is still disappointing? I feel like it's a worse version of assassin's storm crow skill.

I am 1000% sure you dont have any fire pierce. You have 1k ewd from elfin weapons, so stacking fire pierce instead of str is much better, since nova shot does pure fire dmg.
Edited by Istaryu 4 years.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Istaryu wrote:
Celestialray wrote:I actually do use savage hunter, but the damage is still disappointing? I feel like it's a worse version of assassin's storm crow skill.

I am 1000% sure you dont have any fire pierce. You have 1k ewd from elfin weapons, so stacking fire pierce instead of str is much better.

Yeah, that's true. Going to try that.
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
bow druid as always used for item farm purpose he have a decent single target now but still low compared than bowzon
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Orr wrote:bow druid as always used for item farm purpose he have a decent single target now but still low compared than bowzon

It is not low, it is definetly amazing. Samael was killed on bow druid in 1.0 or 1.1.
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Istaryu wrote:
Orr wrote:bow druid as always used for item farm purpose he have a decent single target now but still low compared than bowzon

It is not low, it is definetly amazing. Samael was killed on bow druid in 1.0 or 1.1.

but it was when perfect sphere are op to use and he is still depedent of
Savage Hunter
to become a decent boss killer compared to bowzon who have Phalanx/Barrage.
redicomerade
Abomination
140 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Heres short showcase of "utter garbage" druid, videos are short not full clear just to show power, also in duncraig i had strange slow in recording but theres teleporting and you can see its no problem for him.

He is clearly no glass as you said with 39% avoid and 180k defense, look how can you manouver in duncraig swarmed, kill speed is ok also.
It needs just some work, people used to reach 120, have few charms, two crafts, no sigs, one SU and "omg this is shit! He cant even do duncraig", every character with some love and grind can do some content of course some more and faster, some worse, but you have to think, read docs, play and squeeze from char, just my thoughts.
monobito
Skeleton
2 | 0
i think druid is the worst class, trap rat is boring, wolf makes my head dizzy, seer is garbage, bow needs expensive gears, and acid fiends are annoying lol. Also, before 90 is a nightmare, you have to collect your corpse a lot. Druid is such a pain in the a**.