What's wrong with the triune rift?

Discuss Median XL!
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Is it supposed to be this grindy? So here's my little story.

First time I got to triune, I found various cycles. I killed the boss and he dropped 2 grand (!!) cycles. I cubed them with my corrupted wormhole. I wasn't satisfied with the result (low rolls), so I threw the wormhole away because the inexperienced me thought I could find grand cycles commonly or at least from killing the boss. Well, guess what? I am sitting at 40 triune runs and I have yet to find a SINGLE grand cycle. NOT EVEN ONE. I am not exaggerating. The boss drops small cycles. Every. Single. Time. Are grand cycles supposed to be this abysmally rare? Large cycles are also rare, but not so absurdly rare, but given that they roll 0-2% attributes, you could hit 0% (a small suggestion here is to make them roll in 1-2% interval).

Am I being unreasonable with my expectations or is this uberlevel just lame?
JustinSymbio
Cultist
23 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Well I've run Triune full-clears roughly 30 times this ladder and ended up with 3 Grand Cycles, so you're numbers aren't really exaggerated IMO.
I don't think the design of Triune is meant to allow one solo person to farm all grand charms they need to make a perfect charm, but if you do want a charm made entirely of GC's, you'll either grind the entire ladder and still probably not finish it, or get into the trading scene.. which I know is poorly designed(it costs money to make money via auction, lol!), is incredibly time-consuming, items won't sell, and people won't respond when you send offers, but that's what we have. :/

The trading in the Path of Diablo mod is the only thing I miss about it. Median is a much better game but the trading is really horrible.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It's very rare to find Grand Charms.

My advice to people who want Grand/Medium wormholes is to make a crappy version of the wormhole first with purely Small cycles and then eventually / slowly work your way up with a Medium/Grand only variant on another wormhole. You can even make a shitty MF wormhole and it'll be great with small charms.

If you find Medium/Grand cycles that you don't want you could swap them to other players who are looking for that cycle to speed up the process.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
The problem for me is that I play single player :/

I'll try to make one with small/large cycles and settle for it. Also, what about path of diablo's trade? I have seen the trade median xl has and I didn't think it was that bad at first sight, thought I prefer not to play on tsw due to lag issues (1 sec delay is a dealbreaker for me considering I like to play glassy/ranged builds,I find mobility to be the most important and desync would be a nightmare).

Still, I think triune could use a slight improvement to be honest... Maybe 50% chance for boss to drop a grand cycle.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I know drops are increased for single player but it may not be the case for cycles. That might be an issue.

As for your multiplayer issues I sort of understand but it's unavoidable. There are over 65 servers to choose from so the delay shouldn't be that bad however you won't get 0 ping like you do in single player. It's just something you have to overcome and get used to if you want the luxury of playing with others.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Khamul wrote:I know drops are increased for single player but it may not be the case for cycles. That might be an issue.

As for your multiplayer issues I sort of understand but it's unavoidable. There are over 65 servers to choose from so the delay shouldn't be that bad however you won't get 0 ping like you do in single player. It's just something you have to overcome and get used to if you want the luxury of playing with others.

How can I choose the server? It doesn't seem to be an option ingame.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
/server will let you see the server #'s and /gs # is how you select it
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
If you are playing SP, you just need 1 drop, since you can do whatever every SP player do with it :D