MXL Launcher 0.3.1

Discuss Median XL!
MisterHouse38
Imp
5 | 0
Been away for awhile and every time i run the launcher in admin mode it says update downloads for 2 seconds then restart and has done it about 10 times
titan015
Stone Warrior
33 | 4
The same problem as above, been away and when I open the launcher it prompts to update and then download for a sec then ask for a restart and then ask for update again and on and on it loops. Can't access the game.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Redownload it. It might help, but first delete old one.
xayne
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i've also the same problem. redownloading doesnt help for me
xayne
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
MisterHouse38 wrote:Been away for awhile and every time i run the launcher in admin mode it says update downloads for 2 seconds then restart and has done it about 10 times

any fix for this???
Itapitza
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi, just swapped over to using Launcher and i seem to be getting an "unexpected handling error" when i reach the "checking versions" phase of logging on to sin war.

-so far i've tried different video settings / windowed / non-windowed / run as admin-not as admin / and SINGLE PLAYER works perfect / with and without plugy enabled

Any ideas?

Version does say 1.13 ( no "c" or "d" ) could that be it?
xayne
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i received help for my problem on the tech support in discord.

Solution for the update loop:

theres probably an old median verison running. get the new one (https://www.moddb.com/mods/medianxl/downloads), and install it via gettin the files in your diablo 2 ordner and probably overwrite the old ones.

since then, the launcher now says "play" instead of update and its running fine now. [i uninstalled the launcher b4 updating median manually and installed it again afterwards)

thanks to @Gavin_K88 for the help.
Jovoman
Cog
232 | 3
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
hey guys

i got the Problem when i start mxl

unhandled exception ( c0000005) or so...

i installed d2 lod in an own Folder so i could run it in the past normally also mxl in an own one ( copied the d2 Mobs into that own one where the mxl files was)

so i could played lod and mxl no problems...

but since yesterday when i start mxl it said that error message.

i tried all reinstall every, on run (regedit) currentuser etc.... deleted all d2 stuff also for fresh reinstall. or tried with DEP also as adamin

to note i use windows 10 and

everytime when i reinstalled mxl since yesterday on the compability mode it said ( running as windows 8 ) ALWAYS which sounds a bit strange for me. then i switched to service pack 2 and after that the launcher couldnt even start!

so im so sad now and i need help please OFC.
fiodorson
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diablo throws a critical error about running only one copy at the time.

Anyone knows how to get around this to mule? Or it is by design?
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You need to edit Plugy.ini in Diablo 2 folder and change line ActiveLaunchAnyNumberOfLOD=0 to ActiveLaunchAnyNumberOfLOD=1