Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Is this going to become an issue for me? I have diablo2 d2se and all associated files npacke dinto a folder that I run it from rather than having d2 installed on my PC.
Warren1001
Monkey King
259 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Zennith wrote:I click on settings and the launcher window goes dark as if a screen was suppose to pop up, but it is soft-locked and I am unable to even click the X to close the launcher. I am able to move the window around however.

Had the same problem, wasn't sure if it was me being dumb though.
xeimaster08
Bone Archer
78 | 0
whist wrote:When will Win XP die ...

It probably wont. Although the support is already down. Windows XP is still "one" of the best O.S when it comes to gaming.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
whist wrote:When will Win XP die ...

There will always be people who are stuck with just Windows XP and D2/equivalent. Or just don't like changing their OS if they can avoid it (-:
bloodsdeath
Skeleton
3 | 0
works good for me
Inertia
Abomination
141 | 72
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
This is so great! Great job Quirinus and Macro!
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Enigma wrote:Is this going to become an issue for me? I have diablo2 d2se and all associated files npacke dinto a folder that I run it from rather than having d2 installed on my PC.

You can install it wherever you want. If it can't find D2 installed, it will ask you to select its location.

Solfege wrote:
----- wrote:I hope you all will care about us Linux Wine users.

Error during install (after choosing directory, etc.):
https://pastebin.com/raw/56hDZSN2

After this failed install, here is the error with wine Median\ XL.exe:
https://pastebin.com/raw/gndM8LNq

Been trying to get it running in Linux, too. Installed without any problems, but just can't get it to run. I thought I read awhile back the launcher was gonna be Java-based (in which case, WINE shouldn't really be a factor). If "Median XL.exe" is just a jar file with an exe wrapper, maybe we poor saps could try out a .jar version, just to see if it works. Otherwise, hopefully someone smarter than me can figure it out. :)

It currently doesn't work on wine, I'll try to make a version which works on wine in the future. (I have to install Linux+wine first, to do it.)

Dianetics wrote:I tried it on Windows 7

There was an error when the install finished but I ignored it. Logged two games into multi and it works great.

Afterwards, I tried deleting the launcher exe and it wouldn't work. When right clicking and selecting properties it did nothing. I tried renaming the file and my computer froze up. I got a prompt to restart windows explorer and that reverted the freeze. Then I tried deleting the launcher manually through command prompt and it said it couldn't find the file after several attempts. It was only after I cleared it from recent downloads in Firefox that it finally decided to play nice. Unsure if this would happen again I downloaded the installer two more times and had no issue deleting it. Maybe this was an isolated occurrence but I figured I'd mention in case someone else had the same problem. To clear from recent downloads (Firefox) press Ctrl+J and click the clear button near the top left of the page.

The other thing I noticed is that Windows Task Manager shows three seperate processes of "Median Xl.exe *32" running simultaneously when the launcher is running. Is this normal? It wasn't causing any problems but I was just curious.

Otherwise this launcher seems awesome. Being able to run two games is definitely a quality of life boost. I've used several launchers over the years and I have high expectations for this one, even though its only in beta. I hope this convinces others with Windows 7 to try the launcher, just don't let it distract you from the fact that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table

The launcher probably didn't close completely yet when you tried to delete it, so windows wouldn't let you delete, and then it got messed up. xD
There's also an uninstall file in the launcher folder, you can use that to remove it, or just remove it from the add/remove programs in the control panel.

1-3 processes are normal.

lol I love the undertaker

Strigvir wrote:The game hangs at start-up when I launch it in Glide mode.

Okay, it'll probably be fixed in the next version. Someone already reported it, so I know what's causing it.

evil_potato wrote:error on install:
► Show Spoiler

error when trying to launch using Median XL.exe that was created:
► Show Spoiler

system specs:
► Show Spoiler

:(

Rip XP. I sent you a PM to try something.

Warren1001 wrote:
Zennith wrote:I click on settings and the launcher window goes dark as if a screen was suppose to pop up, but it is soft-locked and I am unable to even click the X to close the launcher. I am able to move the window around however.

PS. After closing the launcher, reopening, clicking play (Which worked just fine), closing D2, and clicking on settings, the settings came up as it was suppose to. So no problems with the game running.

PPS. I did not change or touch or EVEN LOOK AT different than default settings after downloading the launcher in any shape way or form.

PPPS. I operate my PC at 125% desktop resolution/icon/text scaling.

Had the same problem, wasn't sure if it was me being dumb though.

It sometimes happens, don't know why yet. You can just restart the launcher and open settings again, it should work.

bloodsdeath wrote:works good for me

Great! :)

Inertia wrote:This is so great! Great job Quirinus and Macro!

Thanks. :)

I'm the sole programmer on this, and I didn't have many testers, so there's bound to be some bugs. That's why we're doing this Beta. It's great to finally get so many reports, thanks guys!

I'll make another version soon, which should solve most of the problems reported until now.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Quirinus wrote:
Talic wrote:
Marco wrote:Features:
- Installs Median on any Diablo II version.

Interesting, luckily I do read log files, and log say "Error: patch_d2.mpq doesn't exist in "Game directory"".

I thought we can install it on any version, anyway, here are some screens:
► Show Spoiler

EDIT: Works fine with glide, default settings since I just installed diablo once again just to test the launcher. :D

Marco wanted to say that it will turn any D2 version into 1.13c, and that if it's some old median or other mod version, it will offer to install MXLU XVI (aka 16.1.0), not that it will allow you to run any D2 version and any mod.

Glad to see it works. :)

Seekers wrote:Is launcher compatible with d2se? (As in, if I install it and my D2 folder has D2SE, will it not work at all or will D2SE get deleted/not work)

The launcher will replace patch_d2.mpq with the median xl one and D2 game.exe with the 1.13c version, so the only thing that will be different in D2SE is that it will launch MXL instead of cLoD if you click on cLoD in D2SE, everything else should be fine.

Edit: I think it should all work fine, D2SE has its core files separate from D2. So the launcher and D2SE should both work.

Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it! :mrgreen:

I guess we didn't understand each other.

As you said "The launcher will replace patch_d2.mpq with the median xl one and D2 game.exe with the 1.13c version".

I did noticed that, since I was unable to install 1.13c patch which was saying that I already have 1.13c version.

But as I said, for Median Xl Launcher to properly work. you need to have a patch_d2.mpq in your game folder, I didn't had that since my diablo 2 setup files are very, very old where after installation you don't have patch_d2.mpq in your game folder.

You see, that was the problem, launcher is looking for file that doesn't exist, at least in my case.

After I read .log file created by launcher it was easy to solve that problem by just installing some patch, 1.13d in my case, after that all worked just fine.

Thank You once again, launcher is really nice. :clap: :thumb: