MXL Launcher 0.3.1

Discuss Median XL!
UnloosedSlice
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey I'm interested in downloading, I seen it said ANY version of Diablo 2 LoD even the up to date 1.14? Lmk
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
UnloosedSlice wrote:Hey I'm interested in downloading, I seen it said ANY version of Diablo 2 LoD even the up to date 1.14? Lmk

The first post in this topic has a download link: http://get.median-xl.com/launcher

When it says "any" version, it means that it can upgrade/downgrade any LoD version to the version that MXL runs on.
UnloosedSlice
Skeleton
2 | 0
ShadowDawn wrote:
UnloosedSlice wrote:Hey I'm interested in downloading, I seen it said ANY version of Diablo 2 LoD even the up to date 1.14? Lmk

The first post in this topic has a download link: http://get.median-xl.com/launcher

When it says "any" version, it means that it can upgrade/downgrade any LoD version to the version that MXL runs on.

Awesome buddy ty
Pandiiten
Skeleton
2 | 0
I just downloaded the digital version of D2 and LoD, installed it, downloaded the launcher and, after i click on "install" this happens:

https://www.screencast.com/t/HeyexBJb3

I already tried restarting the launcher 3 times with no luck.

Any ideas?

Edit: forgot to mention, my installation was done on a folder not inside program files.
Shame
Skeleton
2 | 0
fixed
Awordes
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hello! I would very much like to see your launcher for the original Diablo 2 LoD. Is it possible that you will make this launcher? Thank you.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Awordes wrote:Hello! I would very much like to see your launcher for the original Diablo 2 LoD. Is it possible that you will make this launcher? Thank you.

I don't think it's worth the effort, since most, if not all, of the features of the Launcher are useless for D2 LoD.

Why do you want it?
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Awordes
Skeleton
2 | 0
Quirinus wrote:
Awordes wrote:Hello! I would very much like to see your launcher for the original Diablo 2 LoD. Is it possible that you will make this launcher? Thank you.

I don't think it's worth the effort, since most, if not all, of the features of the Launcher are useless for D2 LoD.

Why do you want it?

Firstly, these are convenient settings, and secondly, a very nice interface. I'd really like to see a cut-down version for the original Diablo 2 LoD, which has only the settings menu.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
MXL Launcher v0.3.1 has been released!

Your Launcher will notify you of the update after it downloads it, and offer to install it. You can also manually download the Launcher from here:
https://get.median-xl.com/launcher

This version has a lot of changes and bugfixes. Most of all, I'm sure many will be happy to hear that PlugY now works with the Launcher!

Main features:
  • Added PlugY. Note: PlugY only works on SP.
  • D2 will no longer produce an error on exit.
  • Mouse scroll wheel should now work as a hotkey in the game.
  • Enabled -direct and -txt for everyone. Turn them on/off in the settings.json file.
  • Launcher is now open source: https://github.com/Median-XL/MXL-Launcher. I will make a post about it soon.

Other changes:
► Show Spoiler
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
Awordes wrote:
Quirinus wrote:

Why do you want it?

Firstly, these are convenient settings, and secondly, a very nice interface. I'd really like to see a cut-down version for the original Diablo 2 LoD, which has only the settings menu.

I haven't tried 1.14 yet, so I don't know what's up with the video settings there. If I remember correctly, they removed them. So I have to check how to use various video modes, and other settings.

I'll keep the suggestion in mind for the future, and I'm planning on adding support for restoring D2: LoD files after uninstall, or possibly being able to play both Median and D2: LoD.